style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i have a ccj from greenhalghs ive been paying for 12 months always on time ,well i phoned up yesterday and they are not open til tues and payment is due on the 1st ive left a message on the answer phone ,i just worryed incase the balliffs come round the debt stands at £1394.00 ,has anyone else pyed there ccj late due to bank holidays

I shouldn't worry too much about it - if they are closed and you can't make the payment before the 1st then it's their fault. Ring up on Tuesday and tell them you tried to call today but they were closed. I doubt they'll think anything of it.

Incidentally, bailiff's would only call if Greenhalghs applied for a warrant due to non payment and you would get a letter from the court telling you about it first, but you would have to miss a whole month's payment before they would do that.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

why are you using the phone?

pay by SO or internet banking.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It'll be ok, it's not your fault they're closed when your payment is due. There will be no bailiffs calling so relax :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

urm...

thats borrocks

there is no diff between them

only that they cannot demand more than they should with an SO.

i think you need to tell us a bit more about this lot and the case background

something smells........

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...