Another complaint about carcraft, warranty and practices.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Purchased a car from Carshaft on the 21st Nov this year and looking at my online bank statement I seen a payment thats gone out to Premium First.

On further checking with my bank its associated to Creation Consumer Finance Ltd and Carshaft sorry Carcraft.

At the point of sale at Carshaft the sales guy stated that due to my finacial history they could not get the full cost of the car so a 2nd agreement has been taken out to cover the shortfall, this we accepted and signed for and at the point of sales the sales guy said to me and the misses that all warrenties are free etc etc.

Now we find out that Carshaft have made us sign an agreement making out its a top up loan but thats not the case, we have not received any paperwork or any agreements at all for this crafty, con way of doing business.

I've called the complaints dept at Carshaft and they said they cannot and will not do anything about it because its gone over the 14 days cancellation period and they have signed agreements stating we accepted them. Carshaft at Newport also say they cannot and will not do anything about it and Im pi$$ off and tempted to go to Newport with a baseball bat just for the fun of it.

How can they be allowed to get away with faulsly selling a unsecured load makeing out its a top up and in fact its for a warrenty we did not want or agree to at the point of sale but we signed because we thought it was just a top up load for the full price of the car and the sale guy said that.

Im fuming and ready to baseball bat that sales guys knee's I can tell you.

Anyone willing to help.

PS,

They never gave us any signed agreement at the point of sale and the only agreements we have are 2 copies of the same one for the car itself.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :mad2:

Further update.

Been in contact with trading standards and explained all, they say Carshaft are in breach under S56 of the credit act and they and Premium First are joint responsible.

I've again contacted Premium First and stated the facts and they say that they dont have any agreements and the sale was carried out as a Telesales account, therefore done over the phone by Carshaft.

They have stated for me to put my complaint in writing to there complains dept (which I will) and they will get in contact with Carshaft and get the agreement cancelled and payment refunded.

Now watch this space.

PS,

Did call Carshaft at Newport and said I'll be down and over their counter if its not sorted, not a happy bunny.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/nol/newsid_7040000/newsid_7042500/7042528.stm?bw=bb&mp=wm&news=1&ms3=6&ms_javascript=true&nol_storyid=7042528&bbcws=2

Does anyone have Barry Nightingale's email address or any email addresses of any MD of Carshaft.

Scrap the above, did a search and found this:

Barry Nightingale Resigned as director on 22 Jan 2009

Looking for email addresses for:

Julia Phipps

Robin Garry Bridge

Michael Walsh

Neol Francis William Mckee

Darren Thomas Mckee

Edited by Realist

First thing I would do is cancel the DD through my bank and request (read as demand) that they refund the value paid against that DD back into my account immediatey. Remenber, the terms of the DD guarantee state that "if a mistake is made the funds will be reunded to you BY YOUR BANK" It is then up to your bank to get the funds back from the 3rd party.

Edited by crem

But thats not quite right is it.

If I cancel the direct debit the finance company will come after me for the monies owed as they will say they have a signed contract and DD details so they are entitled to call for it. I will pay the DD so as not to cause other problems and get the agreement cancelled and then get all monies paid refunded.

Also, the bank will also say they have a signed direct debit giving them authorisation for them to pay therefore its not a reason for them to refund as I know where the money is going.

If it isn't for what you were told it was, then they are in breach of the DD guarantee.

You don't need your bank to "agree" to cancel the ongoing DD, you can do that online yourself or over the phone to your bank. They have no grounds or right to refuse your request, you only need them to agree to recall the money already paid.

I would still do it if I believed I have been misinformed of what charges are for and put the pressure on them to prove their charges are valid and correct. The first thing that happens when you cancel a DD to a company is they will write to you telling you your bank has refused their DD request and asking you to set up a new DD. At that point you can ask for "clarification" of what the payment is for.

I now what the payment is for, its for a unsecured loan for a warrenty that I was missold by a Carshaft saleman whom told me it was a top up loan and the warrenty they provided was free.

As far as the finance company is concerned they just paid Carshaft the money for a warrenty.

My argument is trying to get the warrenty cancelled because it was missold as I didnt want it or need it and the sales guy knew that right from the off but made out that it was a top up loan.

Crafty Carshaft and its under handed tactics.

• 2 weeks later...

Update.

Been contacted by Linzi whom works for Carcraft customer services on 01706 753*** after she spoted my post ON ANOTHER FORUM and within minutes of me contacting her she called me back and stated that a letter has been sent via special delivery stating the warranty has been cancelled and also a suprise was in the letter as well.

Will post back with the outline of the letter and what the suprise is....................... naa I wount.

Why, because I didnt get one cent of help from this forum and had to resort to posting on another site which provide a resolution within days.

Regards

oh god he's goona come after us with a baseball bat now too..

it was nothing to do with good or bad help here

it was solely to do with a member of their staff spotting your thread title

shut the door on the way out too.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hi All

Linzi here, if anyone does require help from me, i would be grateful if you could contact me on here due to MSE not being best pleased with me for resolving a complaint that was on their forum.:mad2:

Therefore i will be unable to assist with anything that is posted on there for the time being.

Thanks

Linzi

Hi All,

Now LInzi has posted on here Im pleased to say she resolved my problem fully and refunded my payment with thanks.

If anyone has a problem, please contact Linzi asap and Im assure whe will bend over backwards to make sure your happy.

Regards

good

i'm glad you put away the baseball bat before she did that...............:lol:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Cheeky!

good

i'm glad you put away the baseball bat before she did that...............:lol:

dx

Hi

A post seems to have been taken off - i got an email stating this was on there:

Hi Linzi

Thanks for helping out via this forum. I actually don't wish to slag off the selling techniques of CarCraft on the Premium First warranty - but could really do with some help regarding the aforesaid warranty.

If you can PM me that would be great. I tried to PM you but CAG wouldn't let me. That sucks :)

Thanks

Chris

As you couldn't PM me, please give me a call on [edit] and i'll be happy to discuss anything with you Chris.

Thanks

Linzi

Edited by dx100uk
no phone number pse -dx