• Tweets

• Hi again, yes long story. The property had previously been let and as my husband and i had separated  the plan was he was moving into it. It needed work and he was disappearing working on fitting new work tops decorating etc. This didn't happen. Hes a pathological gambler and i discovered bills mortgage etc were not paid. 2 years ago it went to court where a suspended repo order was granted. On the most part i made sure  payments were made but already the sum quoted at the possession hearing the paperwork had loads of charges for letters etc. We agreed to pay the monthly installment and an amount off the arrears. Then i got poorly with CFS and didnt work for a couple of months and despite speaking to santander and paying as much as i could the solicitors took it straight back to court. The house was on the market and we asked for time to sell and 3 months was agreed. We thought we had it sold however they pulled out and santander enforced the order for possession. By then id had enough and knew there was enough equity to clear the mortgage and associated costs and their solicitor claimed because of my ill health and ex's gambling there was no way forward.  It was sold by a local estate agent who reduced the market price from 49 950 to 30.000. I wrote an official complaint letter to santander head office  About the undervalue and he replied stating they had 2 valuations. Ive got all the details of other houses in the immediate area which were on the market and selling costs. Ive got all statements and letters where costs were added and officially complained. Ive spoken to FOS who said i needed to complain directly to santander first. In the meantime 8 months after the sale this letter arrived despite my complaint.    
    • Name of the Claimant ? it’s a private name and address   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.issue date=  no date shown .theres a sticker saying the case number over the box.   Date of issue XX + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = XX + 14 days to submit defence = XX (33 days in total) -   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total   Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim in full (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. A claim for monies due= on the 11 April 2016 the claimants entered  in to agreement with the first and second to loan the first defendant the sum of £6300 on the terms set out in the agreement dated 11 April 2016. b The first defendant was to repay the claimant the full amount of £63000 within the 6 months from the date of agreement. The first defendant would make £2000 to the claimant on each 1st day of the month. C in the event of the 1st defendant failer to repay the loan or the monthly payment the defendant was to transfer the 30% ownership of the 2 businesses. 2  the second defendant agreed to be the guarantor to the first defendant with the agreement dated above and in the event of any default of the repayment  by the first defendant and the value of of the eforementioned business was not sufficient to cover the amount borrowed or any outstanding monthly payment agreed the repayment amount loan. 3   third defendant agreed to pay the £63000 to the claimant together with the monthly payment of £2000 on behalf of the first and second. [This is me as I never signed or said I will pay more then the amount borrowed].   What is the total value of the claim? £46600.00 plus court fees of £2330 +solicitors £100   Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC ( Pre Action Protocol) ? not sure   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? no   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account?   No was a private loan   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? no   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?  not really   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/ Equifax /Etc...) ? no   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. yes further the claimants has said in his statement that £68000 payment has been paid.[ £45 by me and £23000 by my son.] thanks for all the help so far. do i need to send anything at the moment.
    • Yeah, this is a company leased vehicle.. The notice to hirer is addressed to my company.    I am waiting to get this returned in my name. Is there any other documentation i should be expecting?   Thanks.
  • Our picks

MW2

Egg & Arc vs MW2

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3180 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

HI would appreciate some advice please,

i have an agreement concerning my egg credit card to pay ARC £35 month by the 20th of each month,

i sent a cheque before christmas by first class post

they have phoned me yesterday and today saying they havent received it

and i should pay over the phone by the end of buisnees today,

now with the post being up the wall so to speak

ive told them tough luck youll have to wait for it to turn up,

was this the right thing to do

once posted did i not read somewhere that it is not my responsibility anymore?

I must admit to telling him in no uncertain terms to whistle for it

A quick update,

when they phoned me they were in possesion of the sent cheque,

i know this because i got the cheque back the next day because it hadnt been signed,

today i receive a letter from Trevor Munn saying as i hadnt kept to my payment plan it had now been cancelled and the full balance is now due!!

I resent the cheque the same day

i got it back and would presume they have it,

im now not sure i want to carry on dealing with these muppets and was wondering if it was possible to go to egg direct with my payment???