Cabot - Changed my D/D in July!! up'ed my payments without aking me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

but not on this card though [past charges reclaim?]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sar the oc

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well TBH you wont get very far by arguing that its now not you debt sadly, various court cases by silly individuals and rip-off claims companies have put the deathnell on paperwork errors.

my next move now would be to SAR the OC

i bet there are heaps of unlawful fees and that OPBP [PPI in sheeps clothing] that will have been charged you to reclaim

i bet you can kill this debt stone dead with a few pounds to your pocket if you get reclaiming

dx

Have you seen this DX?

LINK post 10

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

very aware of the antics yes.

if you want to pay to get that result off you go

but it is still debt avoidance & does not make the debt go away.

dx

and they

Fortunately for me, I don't have that kind of debt to avoid - just wondered if you had seen it

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 2 weeks later...
i've clean forgotten how long to wait for the SAR to come back?

I posted on the 10th of Feb (proof of postage kept) recorded delivery. Nothing's come back yet, not even a "thanks, but we're going to stall for a bit" letter !

40 days :-(

well, just got a letter from Monumnet telling me, 'my account is no longer owned by monument, as in July 2007, Barclaycard sold a percentage of the Monument VISA portfolio to ComuCredit UK. The remaining percentage of Monument VISA accounts, were retained by Barclaycard and therefore you will need to contact them directly' they seny my P/O back and included my original letter.

What next? suppose i gotta contact Barclaycard? or am i being fobbed off! need some guidance! :)

Hmm if they no longer are the owner of the debt then yes they are not the data controller.. you would still wonder if they hold any information on you and if they did they should/would have to divulge it to you under the SAR but that might be for a complaint to the ICO if you feel they do still hold information on you.

Ok, so are Monument telling you Barclays own it or Comucredit?

The SAR would need to be sent to whoever the data controller is and it restarts the 40 day clock I'm afraid. I had the same with MSDW/Barclays and in the end made a complaint to the ICO about MSDW as they just "passed" on my SAR to Barclays, would have thought monument would have done the same in these circumstances tbh.

S.

Thanks Shadow, it sounds to me that i've been fobbed off. I've got to go to Barclaycard and ask now, spend another £11.50 on a p/o and another 40 days of my life!! bit annoyed actually, especially as they've said "our records show that this account was retained by Barclaycard and therefore you will need to contact them................" and that's it, thank you Monument for spending a further 30 seconds of this unique customer service experience actually providing me with an address!!

anyway!! the 0800 917 number keeps popping up, ringing my mobile at all times of the day, i don't answer, and only a keyboard monkey called "Jason" has left a personal business call answerphone message.

Out of interest, does anyone have Barclaycard Customer Services details? when i eventually get a respone i'll let you know

I sent my SAR to barclay's head office ensuring I clearly stated it was for Barclaycard, best place to look is the stickies at the top of the barclaycard section, normally theres an address posting that is updated by people who have sent off SARs recently.

S.