Cabot - Changed my D/D in July!! up'ed my payments without aking me!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just had a nose round Cabot's site, and checked my payment history and noticed in July my payments increased from £80 to £88, I have received nothing from Cabot. I'm sure they can't do this, can anyone offer me any advice? i first agreed to pay £70 a month for a Monument Credit Card, way back in 2008 (01/09/2008 - first payment) then about three months after that, they phoned me and kept on and on, pushing me to up my payments which i did, then in July 2010 they up'ed it again this time with no call or anything....and certainly without my permission.

What's my next move, to whom should i report them to? is it worth contacting them? i've got to do something as i recently lost my job (i found other employment quickly but have had to take a drastic pay cut) Any advice gratefully received.

against the DD guarantee

complain to your bank.

also

have you cca'ed these jokes?

99% of monument agreements are pants & bals are typically all unlawful charges or mis-sold PPI!!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ah of course, the Direct Debit Gurantee!? i'll get in touch with the bank.

On the CCA note, i haven't, and now i'm thinking that perhaps i should, i recently used an outside firm to recover credit card charges from Monument (Barclaycard) with whom the debt is from, and got about £600 back, dealt directly with Barclaycard, i think i will CCA them and see what they've got, if anything!

Thanks DX

Cancell you DD straight away and set up a Standing Order, that way you are in control of what you pay and when. And the previous person is right the DD guarantee anables you to call back the payment, you dont even have to give the bank a reason why.

Always makes me chuckle how these jokers get far too greedy for their own good, I fully condone cancelling the DD with the bank and setting up a S/O, except what you also should do, is set it up to pay them the 'token' payment of £1 a month, and yes it is tit for tat, tough luck for them, if they cannot behave legally and above board then they will lose out, get that CCA off in the post ASAP, and lodge a formal complaint about their unlawful tactics to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

AND to their industry regulator http://www.csa-uk.com/page/codes-and-standards as they have fallen way short of any acceptable standards that the CSA likes to make us believe they have!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

thank you caggers.....i thought i found their bank details off an old letter i uncovered, but apparently the sort code is wrong, can someone furnish me with some details? or how would i go about finding out?

i'll put in a complaint, and also lodge a complaint with the bank and get some money back on a claim. i'll keep you posted with regards to the CCA.

xx

• 2 weeks later...

Well, i sorted out an indemnity claim with the bank today, just waiting for it to be confirmed. I've also sent the CCA off today as well. And, i'm going to complain using the links so kindly given to me by Bazooka.

I'll keep you posted on the CCA, no doubt, the next step will be putting the account in dispute, although the DD for £88 has just been cancelled (but not by me, hadn't got round to it.) which leads me to believe there about to try increasing my payments again! i'll keep you posted, and as soon as i see it set up i'll cancel it and put in another claim!

I'm a little confused? Under the DD guarantee, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund, has the bank done this?

As for the DD, cancel it immediately and tell the bank that under no circumstances is this clown outfit to have any access to your account using a DD as they cannot be trusted.

Demand cr@pbots bank details, and until they supply them they won't get paid.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

right i'll try again, i think i was speaking to a phone monkey, as he kept putting me on hold, and then he couldn't transfer me to someone who deals with indemnity's when i do get a call back, i'll get this sorted, it has been cancelled, but i will keep a careful eye on my account. i've let them know about these shisters and their antics.

£616.00 into my account this morning, then the phone rang this afternoon!! got 'em on the run! and i bet they can't find a DD signed by me to prove to the bank!! now just got to wait for the response to the CCA then i can put the whole thing to bed! :)

just as a side note

how long have they had some of this money?

you might well be entitled to stat int @8%

also if this money being missing from your a/c caused you bank charges or charges from other creditors because they did not get paid, you need to look at redress there too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

Seasoned Caggers know already NEVER EVER to use DIRECT DEBITS FOR ANYTHING especially to miserable vermin like DCA's. The problem with DD's is that they can be changed by the person receiving the money at will.

If you want to transfer money regularly use STANDING ORDERS INSTEAD. These are FIXED AMOUNTS THAT ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE.

I know people like British Gas etc prefer people to pay with Direct debits for obvious reasons but if you insist that they will only change the amount on a DD AFTER CONSULTING YOU then it might be OK to pay these types of people -- Council Tax, Utilities etc.

BUT NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER USE A DIRECT DEBIT FOR PAYING A DCA.

Cheers

jimbo

just as a side note

how long have they had some of this money?

you might well be entitled to stat int @8%

Damn good point! That should teach them to take what's not theirs....

Thanks for responses! and a good point dx about the 8%, i'll look into that, also jimbo, i'm attempting to get bank details of cr@pbot, in order to set up a s/o, actually what i'm waiting on is them to mess up on the CCA i've asked them for, but at least Natwest are chasing them about the indemnity! and no phone calls from them!! :)

thanks, i can't remember the last time i got a statement and i also received a letter from them today, stating that they have approached the original lender for the documents and they have returned my p/o. so i'm waiting for Monument to come up empty or come up with a toilet rolls worth of a credit agreement!!

• 2 weeks later...

well,

i've received a reply from cabot with a badly photocopied 'reply card' that i don't remember filling in, but it's my handwriting and signature on there (it also says my salary at the time was £32,000!! trust me, if i was earning that i wouldn't have needed monument!!) and they also sent me the loo roll of all the T & C's from Monument, in fact they sent me the T&C's for the platinum card as well as the 'classic' and also two pages of printout (it looks like payment made by me to cabot not Monument) what do you want me to post up first? all of it or just bits that are important? you can also see on the printout that they sat on the debt from 2005 until 2008 (when i still lived at the address they had) and they've lumped on £1222.64 in PENIN interest transaction

like i said

99% of all monument debts are unlawful charges and their 'spoof' PPI

it went under another and they still to this day say it is NOT PPI, so cannot be claimed under mis-selling rules.

WRONG done it twice now!

go get reclaiming.

pdf up any statements but remove ALL ID'

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

dx

and they

Right I have had to take a very close look at that just to attempt to read it properly it is so poor, so you 'could' argue it on that point, and that you want a clearer legible copy of those T&C's, and secondly trying to put the scans in order, is that all they sent you?

well TBH you wont get very far by arguing that its now not you debt sadly, various court cases by silly individuals and rip-off claims companies have put the deathnell on paperwork errors.

my next move now would be to SAR the OC

i bet there are heaps of unlawful fees and that OPBP [PPI in sheeps clothing] that will have been charged you to reclaim

i bet you can kill this debt stone dead with a few pounds to your pocket if you get reclaiming

dx

and they