PC World and Tech Guys loose desktop for datarecovery

Alan237

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be grateful for any advice on how to proceed with this problem:

I had a desktop failure that turned out to be the motherboard on a PC of about 3 years in age. I took it to Techguys in PC World where it cost £69 to tell me it was the motherboard. The data on the hard drive had not been backed up for a long time (basic error I know!) and so I paid £99 for the Data Recovery service.

The Data Recovery was paid for 2 months ago and the PC incl HDD went in to the Techguys. Despite numerous phone calls and personal visits to the store, the PC and HDD can not be found. Despite numerous promises only one phone call has ever been returned and that was never followed up by as I requested.

The lost PC is probably not he major issue given its state of repair but the lost data does bother me. I believe that this situation is not subject to the disclaimer on loosing data as this refers to data loss as a result of work they actually carry out as opposed to actually loosing control of the data itself through negligence.

Any ideas on how to take this forward?

Thanks ,

Alan

we have the tech guys and pcworld customer reps on-board here at cag

they should reply soon

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ring up and ask for a full stock audit they do these on a weekly basis anyway in the recovery workshop but a full one includes items waiting to come into the workshop and items on trolleys awaiting service

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: