I can't attend this Friday, what can I do?? :(

Mary B.
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! I have to sign on this Friday coming New Years' Eve, but right now I am abroad as unfortunately a relative got very ill and I flew away yesterday to see him.. I will be here till monday and obviously won't be able to attend on Fiday... I am very worried as don't want them to stop my benefits... is my only source of money at the moment... I would't mind to stop it until monday if this is possible, but as I am abroad I can't sing off. Could I sign off by the phone?? What can I tell my advisor???

I hope to be helped, thank you very much!!!

Yes. Your JSA will be stopped (there is no entitlement to JSA whilst abroad) but you will be able to make a rapid reclaim upon your return. A rapid reclaim is a fast track claim to JSA, and can be used when there is a break of 6 months or less between claims.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I heard that people going on a 2 week holiday who try to claim benefits after that holiday will be subject to the habitual residency test which gives licence to not pay you anything for 6 weeks then make you take another one. They are cracking down on benefit frauds abroad and especially people claiming DLA. Of course Im not suggesting you are doing this but I would telephone them and say your going to a funeral or something - dont tell them your going abroad.

That is not correct. They can only subject someone to the habitual residence test if they have gone to live abroad and then returned to the UK; they don't subject people to the HRT who have gone abroad temporarily for example, on holiday or to care for a realative, unless they have been abroad for more than 52 weeks (one year).

DLA can continue to be paid whilst abroad for up to 26 weeks. It is also an exportable benefit; if you are going to another country within the EU or Switzerland on a permanent basis, you can continue to received DLA - but only the care component.

Please do not encourage people to lie about their benefit claims - this is fraudulent and is not something that the CAG supports.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

Excuse me there are other people on this forum telling other members to falsify their job searches with applications they have made for jobs and havent applied for at all. So do not target me. :mad2:

Im just suggesting do not volunteer information that may affect your claim if you can avoid it... and only volunteer it on a need to know basis.

Unfortunately with several thousand members and several thousand posts a day, it is not possible to know the content of every solitary thread, which is why we rely on people reporting threads that are not in keeping with the forum rules. As you have seen other threads encouraging fraud, I suggest you report those threads so that myself or another member of the Site Team can go and check them. To do so, click the icon which features an exclamation mark within a triangle at the bottom of the post. There is no "targeting" here. All members of CAG must post within the forum rules - Site Team included .

Please refer to the forum rules for further reference.

Thank you

• Confused 1

Ellibies, whats the point in taking offence at being told you are giving the wrong advice. For such a large mistake confusing a holiday as apposes a residence in a country affecting a claim, it shows you should be a little more careful before posting. Also when you notice something amiss report it or whats the point crowing afterwards as justifying such a big mistake in policy is ridiculous, sorry , after all its the op and others reading these threads who this site helps, we all learn as we go along.