Parking Beyond the Bay markings - Bays marked in stone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I just recieved a ticket for "Parked beyond the bay markings"

I have had a look at the car park in question, and there are bay markings, but marked in grey stone against the brown stone of the rest of the car park. No white lines at all in the car park.

Where I parked doesn't have the grey stones, however it was not obstructing anyone, and there were no signs saying not to park there.

Additionally, the only sign in the car park says "MAXIMUM STAY 2 HOURS" or something along those lines. No terms of parking etc.

Do I have a case or not? I don't mind paying the fine if they dont have to be clearly marked in white lines, however I don't think its fair when they aren't clearly marked.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi,

Sorry you were missed.

Was this a private car park or a council one?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

It's a council car park (a free one)

Have managed to find their guidelines here: reigate-banstead.gov.uk/Images/CancellationGuidance_tcm9-30607.pdf

Judging by this, as its the first time, I should be let off. Although I still don't think it should be a ticket, as the bays are only marked in a different stone.

Also, as theres no sign saying not to park there, surely it should be OK if not obstructing?

It is a Penalty charge notice.

Cheers

There is no requirement for paint, only that they are delineated and can be seen. If covered in snow, you would have a defence, but if the ground was clear and the tasteful stone boxes visible, it would be valid. As for an additional 'no parking sign' - I don't believe these are required, as the Rules will probably state you must 'park within a marked bay', and you would not be doing this is you parked anywhere else on the access roads.

Please add http to the below links, I havent got enough posts to do pictures!

dl.dropbox.com/u/1649836/photo.JPG These are the parking bays

dl.dropbox.com/u/1649836/photo2.JPG This is where I was parked (this is someone elses car, who is parked there today!)

dl.dropbox.com/u/1649836/photo3.JPG This is the ONLY sign in the car park

Make a Representation that in the absence of any T&C's you were unaware of any restriction. It does look that there was another sign on the poles, but is missing - this would give the full terms, but without this, it becomes unenforceable (or if there never was a sign in the first place).