Problems with HTC Wildfire and Carphone Warehouse

VickyFallon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am extremely upset by the way that we have been treated by Carphone Warehouse, where customer service has been non existent. I took my HTC Wildfire into the store to see why my phone kept switching off intermittently, the two girls that served us were quite helpful and I was happy to accept that my phone needed to be sent off for repair. I was informed of the online tracker, and used this frequently to see the status of my phone, about a month on, I received an email explaining my phone had been fixed and was ready to collect - the online tracker had explained that the manufacturer was unable to repair the problem, so at this stage I was a little unsure what state my phone was in.

When I went into the store to collect my phone, the gentleman who served us gave us the handset and said they could not find anything wrong with the phone. So at this stage, I had been given THREE different problems with the handset. As any paying customer would, I said I was confused and not satisfied with that conclusion as I had waited a month for the phone and confused as to why it would have taken a month to be sent back in that condition. Not once did the sales consultant explain anything nor did he apologise for the confusion, my handset would not even switch on. So the sales consultant when out back for a while, (presuming he went to find a charger for the phone) and returned, still no communication with us, plugged the phone in and begun looking at the computer, he looked at all the logged events, and showed us that the phone could not be repaired and was sent to HTC but nothing else was explained. He then switched the handset on and begun screening through it, but did not show us it, nor show us it was working. About ten minutes later, found a reason on the system that my handset had been water damaged and could not be repaired. Reason number FOUR. Not convinced with this conclusion, I decided to take my handset and leave as I was not happy with the way I had been treated as a customer. The sales consultant was by no means sympathetic, understanding or helpful.

When I returned home, I switched the handset on to find some strange interface I was unfamiliar with, i'm presuming it is some sort of handset software that HTC use when repairing, but I cannot use my phone, I cannot make phone calls or do anything my handset should do. My handset has been given back to me in a state where I cannot use it at all, which means I have to go back to the store to see if this can be repaired AGAIN. I have also done some research on water damaged phones and have found out that handsets will contain a moisture strip which goes red when the handset has been moisture damaged, I have found these moisture strips on my phone, they appear to be perfectly white and no sign of moisture damaged is at all visible. I am extremely unhappy with my experience, the way I have been treated is completely unacceptable, I will not use Carphone Warehouse again and will not recommend them!! If anyone has had a similar experience or can advice me what I can do next, I would extremely grateful!

I have paragraphed your post so it is easier to read

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...

For a start, it will have been HTC that marked the phone as water damage and not CPW, if it did go back to HTC.

Water damage doesn't always trip the moisture indicators - they are just that, indicators. If there is evidence of water ingress in other areas of the phone, they can refuse a repair.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

• 1 month later...