Pleasantly Confused by MBNA

JLW61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6422 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This one seems very odd...

Sent in my SAR to MBNA for 2 accounts on 5th July - got a response saying they disagreed with OFT.. list of charges was attached.. £10 returned and goodwill cheque for £100 on way. Had some old statements and realised that some charges were not shown..

Sent in a prelim claim for £575 and sent SAR fee back asking for full info.

6th September I sent in my LBA for the original amount - as had no response from MBNA.

This morning got a letter from MBNA (Steve Bailey) apologising for missing info - saying had attached a list of all charges (which he forgot to do) and upping the goodwill offer to almost £1500...

Now want to see the list of charges... looks like they missed a lot...:)

John

Action So Far:

HFC - £482.69 - Jaguar Card - Settled in Full :)

HFC - £698.51 - IOD Card - Settled in Full :)

Goldfish £539 - offered full settlement - awaiting refund/cheque.

MBNA (2 Cards) - Goodwill Cheques £1460 accepted - £870 compound interest as well :)

Capital One -£1,115.03 - LBA 6/9/06 - Goodwill Offer £366 rejected MCOL 5/10/06

Citi Cards - £845.38 - LBA 6/9/06 - Goodwill Cheque £273 accepted as part payment

Morgan Stanley - £461.51 - LBA 6/9/06 - Goodwill Cheque £160 accepted as part payment

Tesco - £291.20 - LBA 6/9/06

Marbles - £635.31 - Prelim 13/9/06

Egg - £663.08 - Prelim 13/9/06

Nat West Bank - £9,264.24 - Prelim 13/9/06

Barclacard - Awaiting Statements

Amex - Awaiting Statements

Airmiles - Awaiting Statements

Nat West Card - Awaiting Statements

There's a phrase that's appropriate here, something about arses and elbows... :-/

Loz

I hate Alliance + Leicester

BT: No longer a customer :)

HSBC: £1222 refunded 28/5/06; Second claim of £737-24 refunded 9/11/06; PPI + interest on personal loan refunded 27/7/08

MBNA: £100 refunded on first claim of £112; £208 refunded on second claim for £108 24/9/07; PPI £256-28 refunded 8/4/08

NatWest: £1581-71 refunded 16/12/06; personal loan CCA agreement not provided

On Monday - PHONE Mr Baily directly - you will find that they will work it all out for you - inc COMPOUND interest and then offer you a the payment - it worked for me and others too!

My advise if free and is worth exactly as much as you paid for it….

HSBC 28 Oct 2006 Personal accounts ~ Offered and accepted ~ £3514 :)

HSBC 15 Sep 2006 Business ~ Offered and accepted ~ £4980 :)

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

FREEWAY 28th Oct ~ offered and acepted £506 :)

TSB VISA MCOL £300 - court date 27th March 2007

Good Grief! A five minutie phone call to advance the process and get your money (including compound interest) that same DAY!!

Etherway you are on track with the MCOL - it is your claim and I am sure that you will control it as you see fit - PS now ask for the 8% on top

I really would urge you to phone them - you may well get a nice surprise and what is five mins of your time worth ???

MBNA 7 Sep Offered and accepted £2290 - (my amount £1170 plus Compound Interest) using the "phone call method" :o

Its funny how the MBNA thread seems to have attracted a lot of people who seem to want claimiants to ring MBNA often suggesting its better than filing.

Im a cynical old sod but it seems to me that the MBNA are paying up for one reason only, because if they dont they think they might have to pay more.

If they are so willing to settle why arent they contacting all their customers, past and present and paying them back the lot plus interest?

Just an observation really.

Good luck to the original poster whatever way he/she goes.

Glenn

PS why are you urging him to phone? if he claims he eill get everything hes entitled to, the charges, interest paid and compound interest?

Although he wont get the 8% on top since thats only awarded by the courts where there is no contractual interest to claim.

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

I think you are right to question MBNA’s motive Glen – why do they seem to keel over and offer over the phone? What is in it for them ??

In my case the phone call generated an extra £100 in charges as they when back through the whole history of the account – i.e. further back then six years. I was claiming for £1170 (as per the schedule that they provided in the original goodwill letter) they said it was in fact £1270.

The real bonus of the phone call was that they calculated the compound interest on top – this then brought the claim to over £2.2K – which I accepted. :D

Over all (in my opinion only) the phone call is worth it because.

• All of your charges are added up (more than six years)

• Compound interest is added to the claim.

• An offer is made there and then.

• You don’t have to accept it but now you have a figure to work with.

• Rules out all the hassle of the courts etc.

• Haha 1

gbzstro

Thanks for that I understand your points and have nowt to say afgainst them.

Im a funny old g*t and would prefer to have the statements in front of me so i can work things out for myself.

I guess it seems strange to me that MBNA will work it all out, if i was the defendant im not so sure i would be so helpful.

JMHO

GLenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Why don't I bother with the phone calls?

Becasue I've already sent 4 bloody letters detailing quite precisley what they owe me!

We all know MBNA really don't know what they are doing and it would appear that none of them can read or care to read what you've sent them.

They also seem to be paranoid about going to court. Well too late, N1 was served Friday. Counting down to a cheque in the post or court action.

Crisp - not to Hyjack Glens thread.... but what are you claiming? 8% MCOL or 22.9% compound?

Sorry for the thread hijack, but are some folk calling this Steve Bailey fella and getting their charges refunded before they've even requested their lists of charges?

If so, could somebody please give me his number, I wouldn't mind having a chat with him, cut out the middle-man so-to-speak.

TIA

01244 672628

Though I strongly suggest you only make "enquiries" at this point and follow up with an initial request in writing. I know that all correspondence is logged and referred to while making requests over the phone. You don't want to ruin your chances by not being taken seriously if you go in with guns blazing. Just an observation.

A further update...

Two cheques arrived today for a total of £1360 - including original £100 that's now £1460 in "goodwill" payments

Finally got the list of charges from them.. and no interest included :(

So rang Paul Miney at MBNA - said he qould look into it and get back to me.. sent a letter to them confirming accepted "goodwill" but still await compound interest..

Hopefully, another one bites the dust :)

John

Action So Far:

MBNA (2 Cards) - Goodwill Cheques £1460 accepted - £870 compound interest as well :)

Citi Cards - £845.38 - LBA 6/9/06 - Goodwill Cheque £273 accepted as part payment

Morgan Stanley - £461.51 - LBA 6/9/06 - Goodwill Cheque £160 accepted as part payment

Another great result by phoning - I am astonished !!!

Well done - you have WON !!!

Emailed Steve Bailey to chase up interest..

Got a letter this morning - cheques on their way.. another £870 for compound interest at 24.9% :):D

Wish they'd all pay up like MBNA

Action So Far:

This one seems very odd...

Sent in my SAR to MBNA for 2 accounts on 5th July - got a response saying they disagreed with OFT.. list of charges was attached.. £10 returned and goodwill cheque for £100 on way. Had some old statements and realised that some charges were not shown..

Sent in a prelim claim for £575 and sent SAR fee back asking for full info.

6th September I sent in my LBA for the original amount - as had no response from MBNA.

This morning got a letter from MBNA (Steve Bailey) apologising for missing info - saying had attached a list of all charges (which he forgot to do) and upping the goodwill offer to almost £1500...

Now want to see the list of charges... looks like they missed a lot...:)

John

hi there

Please advise what LBA stands for? I have a similar letter as you form MBNA also offering me a goodwill payment of £300 when they owe me about £800. Not sure how to get them to pay the rest. can you help?

Thanks

LBA = Letter before Action (This letter is located in the template section) This letter basically tells the bank you want all your cash refunded or you will pursue your claim via the courts within 14 days.

Read the FAQ section this will answer many questions. If you follow the steps including letters from the template section you will get your money back. Also start your own thread and let everyone know how it's going. We are all in the same boat here and happy to help:)