Recovery

andrewhearne2009

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I was informed that something called recovering from my job seekers allowance for industrial injujries benefit, I was told I was due to get some back pay now may loose it due to a recovery unit? Does this mean I will get no back pay now? Also I was wondering how it works for industrial injury benefit, I will be on 20 percent, I assume I will get half JSA and half industrial injury benefit, thanks

I am not able to answer your query, so Will flag for attention of the site team :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I'm not sure about this from your post - but it appears this may be an offset. If the JSA is income based, it will be affected by the amount of IIDB you have coming in. If the IIDB is payable for the same period of JSA, any backpayment of JSA would be offset against IIDB and will be in future payments also.

An example: a single person over 18 at 20% IIDB, would receive JSA of £65.45 plus IIDB of £29.16 per week. However the amount of IIDB would be subtacted from any amount of income based JSA, reducing his JSA payments to £36.29.

So in effect if you applied for JSA, say 4 weeks ago. The back pay would ordinarily be £261.80 (£65.45 weekly rate x4). But from the weekly amount they would take off the IIDB you received/were due for each week you were also due JSA. IIDB @ 20% = £29.16 per week. Multiply that by the four weeks = £116.64. This would reduce the back payment of JSA to £145.16.

That's a rough idea of how an offset would work for IIDB at 20% with income based JSA arrearages. Is that what you were looking for?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

I think so,thanks. I assume the CRU certificiate i would only pay back IIDB if I was claiming the benefit of the time of the accident but I did not know anything about it till I came on here and I was accepted for IIDB in August 2010, my intiial accident settled on October 2009.

However I have a claim for occupational stress from February 2010, as I was forced out of my job, so I assume if that settles, my work stress in February 2010 which I understand can't be covered under IIDB; is a seperate matter to my work accident in July 2008, so I assume because my intiial accident settled before I got IIDB then I should not be affected with any CRU certificates, I did get one the time of the initial accident but I understand if I had IIDB during the time when that was going on I would have to but I will have to pay back JSA if I win my work stress claim from February 2010 as I have been on JSA since April 2010.

Edited by andrewhearne2009

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I heard today it says We will pay you 20 percent rate a week fro xxx to xxx your arrears of benefit amounts to £962.28 however we have deducted a recovery of JSA of £237.45 giving you £724.83 - does this mean £724 as a lump sum or does that mean it will be until the next assessment e.g £724 divided or would I get 20 percent rate in addition, thanks

If the total arrears of benefits is 962.28 nad your IIDB is 20% (£29.16 per week) you have been waiting 33 weeks for your decision on IIDB?! My word - that's a long time.

Arrears is benefit money which is overdue as it hasn't been paid to you, a build up of due payments - it's the amount owed, so it will be in addition.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)