Easyjet cancelled my flight - what are my rights to get the money back?

katapigeon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Title says it all.... got caught up in the big snow situ last weekend and had to arrange another means of transport to get to my home country for xmas so i can be with my family.

I bought the flight tkt with easyjet (return from gatwick) online with my debit card and even bought insurance with them for the day of my outbond flight. When the cancellation happened, their website was offering one change to be made free of charge to my flight, either click on change the flight for a later date or to click refund, but when clicked either, nothing happened, it has not been processed or confirmed, so when checked back few days later (just now) it still displays the flight details for the 18th of Dec and that it has been cancelled and i should click on one of the choices mentioned above. Tried their customer service tel nr while was still in the UK and yes, they only have just one nr for anything like this, but there was no answer whatsoever, tried it several times during the 1,5 days before leaving the UK. Now am abroad for 2 weeks in a country where they don't even have a customer service tel nr and am afraid am running out of time to get my money back for the outbond flight, 200 pounds.

Have never been in this situation so have no idea what to do now.

What does the insurance cover me for in this case? What can i do to get my money back from easyjet? Get trading standards involved and hope easyjet to refund me? What are my rights in this case?

Any help is very much appreciated, thanks!