Santander Sends up to 35000 Bank Statements to the wrong customers!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TO ANYONE ON CAG AFFECTED BY THIS:

I know they have said ID Fraud is impossible from the details they have sent out, but I think a sensible precaution under the circumstances would be to pop into your Santander branch and ask the they give you a new account number, effectively closing the one account and opening another with a different number. This way you KNOW they can't use the erroneously sent information for ID fraud.

I see they said they would credit £100 to all affected accounts

It'll be only £50 I'm due them then for their charges due to come off in January !!!

On the back of my statement was a joint account statement with names, account number, sort code, all payments in and out of the account for a month, including salary payments with the name of the employers, pension payments , loan payments ect.

At first when I saw there was £197.00 in the account I thought happy days, then realised it was'nt my account !!!

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

It'll be only £50 I'm due them then for their charges due to come off in January !!!

On the back of my statement was a joint account statement with names, account number, sort code, all payments in and out of the account for a month, including salary payments with the name of the employers, pension payments , loan payments ect.

At first when I saw there was £197.00 in the account I thought happy days, then realised it was'nt my account !!!

And they say it couldn't be used for ID Fraud? Hmmm........

Have to say, with it being Santander I am not in the least bit surprised. They haven't exactly endeared the nation with the bad press they have managed to attract. When I heard they were set to take over some other banks, I made damn sure mine wasn't one of them - I'd have switched banks, wouldn't ever use them.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)