Help Please - Cabot Financial

yummy_mummy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, I received a phone call a month ago (although stupidly i didn't note the date!) about a debt that I have been contacted about by a different debt collection agency previously - the first time around I requested a credit agreement as I know I was well within my rights to do so.. I heard nothing back from them. So now it's been a fair few months down the line & I have been contacted (by phone) by Cabot where once again I requested an original credit agreement, I have today received this response in writing..

Dear *** *****

Your Query

We refer to previous communications regarding the account detailed opposite.

We confirm that Simply Be (J D Williams) are unable to supply a copy of the credit agreement although we have requested a copy of statements for your reference.

Meanwhile, we request that you provide a copy of your driving licence or passport together with proof of your address when the account was opened, namely 19th October 2006.

This can be a copy of a tenancy agreement, bank statement, utility bill or any official document.

Yours sincerely

Customer Relations Manager

I was just wondering if someone could point me in the right direction in regards to what I should do next?

Much appreciated, thanks.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-is-in-disputeSend the 'Account in Dispute' letter, and that is that, hang on to the letter you received. No Agreement - Account in not enforceable in a Court of Law. End of Story unless you want to set up a payment plan.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

in fact I would be tempted to string them along and write back and ask for clarification on why they think they are entitled to ask for this kind of information, see if they hang themselves in their need for greed

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Meanwhile, we request that you provide a copy of your driving licence or passport together with proof of your address when the account was opened, namely 19th October 2006.

This can be a copy of a tenancy agreement, bank statement, utility bill or any official document.

Oh dear, the kids have been playing with the crayons again!

That is fantastically deluded, send a copy of that to the OFT, I know they don't look into individual complaints but this might well be the one that fills the drawer and they act upon, you cannot teach that level of incompetence! I wouldn't let it lie with just reporting them to the OFT neither....Local MP, BBC Watchdog, local press......

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

haha they want your address of when the account was opened so they can reconstruct an agreement under carey vs HSBC, to do a reconstruction jobbie they need the address that you resided at when the account was opened.

S.

Do not send that information to them and also DO NOT confirm or deny on here that your current address is the same...better safe than sorry

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.