Ashbourne Membership!

dirk_digler

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4050 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all,

Just a little rant regarding the monstrosity that is Ashbourne Membership Managment.

I joined a gym a little over 2 years ago. Everything was fine until my wife realised they where taking out my DD payment TWICE each month and had been doing so for the last 18 months!

I explained the mistake to my gym owner, did not kick up a fuss and the amount was refunded.

I speak regularly with the gym owner as he is in there when I train and made him aware that I would be moving away and ending my membership in November 2010. No worries he says. During conversations with gym staff I tell themm that I am leaving in november- no worries they say.

Then I get a letter from Ashbourne Membership demanding that I pay 3months worth of membership as well as any administration cost inccured! After phoning them letting them know that I have moved and had agreed a leaving date with the gym owner they rang me back and said that the gym owner has no knowledge of me telling him I was ending my membership!

I have been threatened with a poor credit score if I do not pay, I havn't even gone into my overdraft in my life or owed any money!

Where do I stand with this lot?

Hi Dirk,

Normally, your membership contract would specify how long your minimum contract period is and you would be bound to pay for 12, 24 or whatever the period.

The contract should also set out how you can cancel, by giving a certain amount of notice at the right time, to avoid cancellation fees or penalties.

However, Ashbourne are under investigation as explained in my post here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?288096-Guyrich-v-Ashbourne-Mgt

I would cancel the DD if you haven't already done so.

Report Ashbourne to your local Trading Standards office based on my advice in the above thread.

Write to Ashbourne telling them you dispute any debt they say you owe as you gave the gym notice of your leaving. Also mention some of the items raised in the other thread.

Finish saying they must stop all collection activity or threats until your concerns have been resolved, or you'll make a further complaint to Trading Standards and to the FOS.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)