stuinn

Lowells & EGG CCA help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3176 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Earlier this year I sent a CCA request to Lowells and then an in dispute letter in April 2010 as they did not respond to the request. Out of the blue I received a letter at begining of Dec from them saying here is the original CCA and requesting payment. Looking at it I believe it is the application form as it has approved on it without any credit limit and 12+ photocopy pages of what is said terms and conditions. Does anyone have any advice as what I should do. Is it possible to post the letters on here. if so how?

Hi, use photobucket, open an account (free), make sure that you have taken out all identifier information scan and up load. Once you have you paperwork online, post the link - click on page and use last link shown for each page. This will insert the link (s) in your post.

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

use:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

you cant post links too few posts

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

if ou look inthe egg forum

thatsabot all you get

now

what the full story please

why did you request the cca?

dx

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

spreadsheets 

All I am asking is for some help/advice. What do you mean "thatsabot all you get now". I am someone who has looked at the help this forum gives (which has been brilliant) and used its advice to try and establish the DCA rights. However YOUR comments are very unhelpful and rude which are very unusual fromwhat I have read before.

Not really rude. It may the time of posting on a New Years eve after a few drinks with less than 2 hours to go until midnight.

What they are saying is that there is an Egg forum ( see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?51-Egg )

While the people that contribute posts to this forum can offer their opinions, there is also some reading you can do for yourself and then once you have read the information, you can ask specific questions on the documents that you have.

My opinion for what it is worth is that the Egg online documents are fully compliant and that there is not much chance of successfully challenging them. Your only hope is to trawl through the statements for the account in the faint hope that mistakes have been made with interest/charges that have been added. You can then raise as a complaint with Egg and then the FOS. While an account is in dispute, per OFT guidelines all debt collection activity must be put on hold. So if you can find reason for a dispute with EGG, this could delay any collection on the account for many months.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

All I am asking is for some help/advice. What do you mean "thatsabot all you get now". I am someone who has looked at the help this forum gives (which has been brilliant) and used its advice to try and establish the DCA rights. However YOUR comments are very unhelpful and rude which are very unusual fromwhat I have read before.

I think you have taken the context incorrectly. I will re-type what I believe was meant:

If you look in the Egg forum, that is about all you get ( meaning, what you have received in response to your cca reqeust is all that Egg send out these days).

dx has requested further information from you so that we can assist further.

• Haha 1

Every journey begins with a single step :):)

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area - my advice is learned from the wonderful members of this Forum. Thanks to you all for your help.

If you have found my post helpful please leave a short message by clicking the star to the left of my profile - Thank You

The only person entitled to your Personal Finance details is a Judge not a DCA

Move all banking activity to another banking group if you have a dispute - your funds can be used to offset debts within the same group.

Be careful with Banking details (card/account numbers) as these can be used to take unauthorised payments.

Stuinn - I think you owe DX an apology. He's not a member of the site team for nothing and you have taken his remarks the wrong way.

Everything looks fully compiant to me. When you say, "Does anybody have any advice as to what I should do?" What exactly do you mean. Why did you request the CCA? What do you think / believe is wrong? Is there some history to this that we should know about?

Without the information it is very hard to offer sound advice.

I did not mean to upset anyone and DX I appologise for taking your response the wrong way as harrassed senior has pointed out. I am new on here although I have been looking at it for a some time. I received a letter from Lowells earlier this year for a credit card debt around £4500 and needed some help. I have follow the process by sending a CCA request off and after the prescribed number of days sent the in dispute letter in April 2010. I did not hear anything until in December 2010 they sent me letter with a CCA (although this has application within the wording) & pages of photo copy terms and conditions.

I am looking for some advise as to whether the document is a cca or an application form and if the latter how do I respond and if a cca what options are open to me. The last time I made any payment was in June 2005. Any advice would be appreciated and again appologies.

Don't worry - nobody will hold anything against you! It's in the past and we're here to help. Give people chance to have a look and they'll respond to your question. I'll try to have a look, but can'y guarantee it will be today as I've loads (too much) to try and get through. I'll do it asap!

Thank you for that, it is a very stressful time.

hehe it's only stressful because you know no diff

thats why you came here

now, my post - no sweat either

sadly being a radio ham my wireless keyboard suffers from little nasties that sometime make my post look a bit silly.

sometimes i edit , sometimes i dont....it can take sev mins to do and i dont bother.

don't matter what you said.

it wont stop my help

don't work that way

now.

basically, your situation is this.....

you are very close to statute barring [6yrs - or 5 in scotland]

there's nowt they are going to be able to do to you if it's done and dusted in april.

so ignore the plonkers.....

UB got it right...what you have from them is all you'll get from EGG they are a ruler to themselves in terms of CCA replies...that's it.

sit tight

ignore everything unless its a court claim form.

if egg wanted their money..why have they taken so long to ask???

simple - theres something wrong

either the CCA is questionable or the bal is mainly unlawful charges and/or PPI

dx

dx

spreadsheets 

DX

So the advice here if the account will be statute barred in April, is to stop debt collection activity by raising a dispute about the account by challenging anything and everything you can.

I would not just leave it and hope that a court claim is not issued. From my experience with a relatives debt, is that if debt collectors realise the debt will become SB shortly they will increase collection activities. They shouldn't do this if there is a dispute ongoing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I believe the account will actually become SB in June 2011 (you said you made a payment in June 2005 so it's 6 years from that date).

As said above I would ignore UNLESS it's a court order and hope you can spin it out for 6 months. Let us know of anything that happens re this so we can advise further if necessary.

By the way - sorry I didn't get back to look at it sooner, its been manic. Don't worry though - these letters are stressful to start with, but you very quickly get hardened to them.