• Tweets

• its a 12mts contract else why would it say till 2021 and first month..   simply states they don't charge a joining fee clever marketing ploy as people don't read things. it IS a monthly payment, that runs for 12mts.   but anyway there is stuff and all anyone can do to you.   dx        
    • Hi Slick,   Amazingly fast reply, thank you!   According to the reference on the payment it says "ON 24 SEP BCC" and the payment cleared 25th September at 11:26   I was simply told to sign up on the website by a staff member in the gym, no further information was given to me by them. The website stated that it's a rolling monthly membership that could be cancelled at any time "No contract membership JUST £14.99 a month, until 2021*" As far as I am aware there was absolutely no minimum membership length, unless there's some small print I've missed somewhere. But Harlands haven't mentioned anything about me being obliged to pay for a certain length of time so... I've attached a picture to this post of what I signed up for.   Also, I'm not sure if this has any relevance at all but the building is plastered with £9.99/month signs EVERYWHERE yet it costs £14.99 when you go on the website. False advertising 🙄 Could perhaps use that as leverage in a letter if it comes to it, I dunno? 😂
    • I look forward to hearing from a member of the team 
    • Hi Selrahc and welcome to CAG   Please be in no hurry to contact X4Less, Harlands or CRS - they can do nothing for now.   Before you do anything, we need more info. Please confirm :-   1. Approx date you joined.   2. Were you told it was a rolling monthly m/ship by a staff member, or a longer minimum contract.   You have no need to reply to any demand from Harlands/CRS so ignore them for now.
  • Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

Morrisons - Parking Eye

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3533 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

OK, HB, I'm a troll.

We've earned the nectar points and got the discount. Ask how it works in any branch of Sainsbury's. We have also been able to earn double nectar points at Sainsbury's petrol satations. The point being that if that facility was extended to car parking, more folk would would to take part.

So you spent somewhere in the region of £2,400 to earn £12 worth of discount which you surrendered in one go? Even with half your accrual being on "double points" would need a spend of around £1,600.

Your other post suggested you could get £12 off every time you spent £72 which was quite simply misleading.

So you think by adding a new car parking charge to everyone's weekly bill would encourage more of us to want to pay excessive amounts to car park management companies to earn a pitance of a discount on a nectar card? Dream on!

btw our local Sainsburys petrol station (where I could earn these "valuable" nectar points is currently 3p per litre more than the local Asda who don't give nectar points. As I typically use between 400 and 500 litres of fuel a month, I think I'll stick with the saving of £12 - £15 that is giving me every month thank you. :)

Edited by crem
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Supermarkets and retail parks supply car parks for one reason only: to attract customers

Why should you then have to pay. The cost of building or leasing a carpark is budgeted for in their

merchandise pricings.

Any 'cut' they receive from PPCs is bunce.

Hi - Think i have the gist of what i should be doing with the parking eye 'invoices' i have recieved

Not been to morrisons in Solihul for a while but went there a few Saterdays ago - it always was so much free parking depending on what you spent in store then you topped it up if needs be......... Spent longer than normal as doing supermakets with a small baby is taking long time but thats by the way.......

so few weeks later letter no 1 from parkingeye - i did return to the supermarket and yes there is a sign up on your left as you drive in ie just where you will not be looking! I watched 10 cars drive in all who tried to take a ticket from the old maching so they wont have seen the sign either!! The ticket machine used to break fairly frequantly anyway so no one would be surprised if no tickets being issued...... Apparently there are some other signs around the carpark but if you dont know anything has changed why would you look! A very 'helpful' small a5 poster on morrisons customer services desk again why would you go there if you did not know anything had changed!!

So i have ignored this letter

just got letter 2 with the two photos - intersing its the car going in and out the entrance not actually parked - it was a very busy day and i had to queue for some time to get a suitable space to get pushchair etc out.... how do they know how long it actually took me to get parked......

so i guess i am just looking for reasurance that i continue to ignore these and the following letters that will arrive

really feel like haveing a go at Morrisonds for not informaing the customers in a better way - but i guess they will just say there is is sign so probaly best to just do nothing?

Did you get any more letters? I know people who have had at least 5 or 6 one friend has framed them all put them up in his shop...

OK, HB, I'm a troll.

We've earned the nectar points and got the discount. Ask how it works in any branch of Sainsbury's. We have also been able to earn double nectar points at Sainsbury's petrol satations. The point being that if that facility was extended to car parking, more folk would would to take part.

Howzit...just get lost...hopefully soon all you guys would be looking for jobs...visit Scotland to see how civilised people manage parking...they as many cars...the dopey Labour government passed a law the side effect to spawn an industry full of crooks...just go away and hide in your cave...you are just talking rubbish...I am a Nector card holder and what you say is nonsense...

btw our local Sainsburys petrol station (where I could earn these "valuable" nectar points is currently 3p per litre more than the local Asda who don't give nectar points. As I typically use between 400 and 500 litres of fuel a month, I think I'll stick with the saving of £12 - £15 that is giving me every month thank you. :)

Well said Crem...the only useful discount card is Tesco's..Asda is the cheapest...BTW Asda also uses T & C...

Actually, crem, it isn't.

If you use any service or facility you will have to pay for it in some form or other - either point of contact or tthrough higher prices. What is in dispute (from earlier threads) is the appalling practice of 'fining' folk as well as the level of some 'fines' payable - some in excess of £70. There should be NO 'fine' payable - only a reasonable fee payable if one overstays OR a minimum store biill waives the fee. Already Waitrose in Worthing do this. Please see my response to Honeybee.

The amount you pay will be proportion to the service...£70 odd for 10 mins parking...Howzit which world do you live in...none of us is saying we don't want to pay for parking...what object to is people ripping the innocent public by sending them threatening letters...in nearly all the car parks controlled by PPCs I have been to you need to magnifying glass to find out the notices...PPC are crooks taking money from people by committing fraud...in any other country people will not tolerate such behaviour...

I think I would just rather go to a supermarket who don't have any restrictions and no PPC! Simples!!

Our local QD operate a car park which works just like a council car park...you take a ticket and pay by the hour...if you spend £5 or more in the store QD refund 2 hour parking charges...if you only shop for say 30 mins and spend more than £5 you still get 2 hours free...so you could also do other shopping...result QD is now one of most profitable firms...

Our local QD operate a car park which works just like a council car park...you take a ticket and pay by the hour...if you spend £5 or more in the store QD refund 2 hour parking charges...if you only shop for say 30 mins and spend more than £5 you still get 2 hours free...so you could also do other shopping...result QD is now one of most profitable firms...

We have a Asda near a town centre which does similar, its quite handy as you can park there and pay £1.50 for up to 2 hours or £3 all day. If you use the town centre shops its cheap parking and if you use Asda spend £5 you get refunded. I haven't actually read what they do to enforce payment if you don't pay. Its a good policy and I don't have a problem paying! However if I got a charge of them for parking with my tyre touching a white line, PPC style they would not be getting paid!

We have a Asda near a town centre which does similar, its quite handy as you can park there and pay £1.50 for up to 2 hours or £3 all day. If you use the town centre shops its cheap parking and if you use Asda spend £5 you get refunded. I haven't actually read what they do to enforce payment if you don't pay. Its a good policy and I don't have a problem paying! However if I got a charge of them for parking with my tyre touching a white line, PPC style they would not be getting paid!

They don't have to do anything...as vast majority of people are reasonable when they are faced with reasonable charges for actual services...but the PPC firms are just thugs and have never heard the word "reason"...my local station car park costs £7.50 all day during the week and 3.50 during the weekend...no problems with paying that...it is sheltered with barrier and automatic ticket control which you pay on exit...patrolled by a reputable security firm...if instead of engaging such crooked behaviour the PPCs actually behaved reasonably they would be make more money...but they are run by a bunch of morons anyway...

Hi, Crem

We spend approx. £35 per week in Sainsbury's on food shopping. Every couple of weeks we fill up for about £45. When we pay for food shopping, we sometimes get vouchers which offer £12 off the next food bill if we spend £60 or more. We sometimes get a voucher in the post or at the checkout offering double nectar points when we buy petrol. We don't spend ANYTHING like the amounts you suggest!

Have a good day!

Our local Sainsbury's (off the A27) provides free parking.

Parking should have a 'free' period but anything beyond that (however long or short the 'free' period is set) does need to have some reasonable, minimum charge to give other shoppers a chance to park, don't you think?

Parking should have a 'free' period but anything beyond that (however long or short the 'free' period is set) does need to have some reasonable, minimum charge to give other shoppers a chance to park, don't you think?

Nope