Morrisons - Parking Eye

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

OK, HB, I'm a troll.

We've earned the nectar points and got the discount. Ask how it works in any branch of Sainsbury's. We have also been able to earn double nectar points at Sainsbury's petrol satations. The point being that if that facility was extended to car parking, more folk would would to take part.

So you spent somewhere in the region of £2,400 to earn £12 worth of discount which you surrendered in one go? Even with half your accrual being on "double points" would need a spend of around £1,600.

Your other post suggested you could get £12 off every time you spent £72 which was quite simply misleading.

So you think by adding a new car parking charge to everyone's weekly bill would encourage more of us to want to pay excessive amounts to car park management companies to earn a pitance of a discount on a nectar card? Dream on!

btw our local Sainsburys petrol station (where I could earn these "valuable" nectar points is currently 3p per litre more than the local Asda who don't give nectar points. As I typically use between 400 and 500 litres of fuel a month, I think I'll stick with the saving of £12 - £15 that is giving me every month thank you. :)

Edited by crem

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Supermarkets and retail parks supply car parks for one reason only: to attract customers

Why should you then have to pay. The cost of building or leasing a carpark is budgeted for in their

merchandise pricings.

Any 'cut' they receive from PPCs is bunce.

Hi - Think i have the gist of what i should be doing with the parking eye 'invoices' i have recieved

Not been to morrisons in Solihul for a while but went there a few Saterdays ago - it always was so much free parking depending on what you spent in store then you topped it up if needs be......... Spent longer than normal as doing supermakets with a small baby is taking long time but thats by the way.......

so few weeks later letter no 1 from parkingeye - i did return to the supermarket and yes there is a sign up on your left as you drive in ie just where you will not be looking! I watched 10 cars drive in all who tried to take a ticket from the old maching so they wont have seen the sign either!! The ticket machine used to break fairly frequantly anyway so no one would be surprised if no tickets being issued...... Apparently there are some other signs around the carpark but if you dont know anything has changed why would you look! A very 'helpful' small a5 poster on morrisons customer services desk again why would you go there if you did not know anything had changed!!

So i have ignored this letter

just got letter 2 with the two photos - intersing its the car going in and out the entrance not actually parked - it was a very busy day and i had to queue for some time to get a suitable space to get pushchair etc out.... how do they know how long it actually took me to get parked......

so i guess i am just looking for reasurance that i continue to ignore these and the following letters that will arrive

really feel like haveing a go at Morrisonds for not informaing the customers in a better way - but i guess they will just say there is is sign so probaly best to just do nothing?

Did you get any more letters? I know people who have had at least 5 or 6 one friend has framed them all put them up in his shop...

OK, HB, I'm a troll.

We've earned the nectar points and got the discount. Ask how it works in any branch of Sainsbury's. We have also been able to earn double nectar points at Sainsbury's petrol satations. The point being that if that facility was extended to car parking, more folk would would to take part.

Howzit...just get lost...hopefully soon all you guys would be looking for jobs...visit Scotland to see how civilised people manage parking...they as many cars...the dopey Labour government passed a law the side effect to spawn an industry full of crooks...just go away and hide in your cave...you are just talking rubbish...I am a Nector card holder and what you say is nonsense...

btw our local Sainsburys petrol station (where I could earn these "valuable" nectar points is currently 3p per litre more than the local Asda who don't give nectar points. As I typically use between 400 and 500 litres of fuel a month, I think I'll stick with the saving of £12 - £15 that is giving me every month thank you. :)

Well said Crem...the only useful discount card is Tesco's..Asda is the cheapest...BTW Asda also uses T & C...

Actually, crem, it isn't.

If you use any service or facility you will have to pay for it in some form or other - either point of contact or tthrough higher prices. What is in dispute (from earlier threads) is the appalling practice of 'fining' folk as well as the level of some 'fines' payable - some in excess of £70. There should be NO 'fine' payable - only a reasonable fee payable if one overstays OR a minimum store biill waives the fee. Already Waitrose in Worthing do this. Please see my response to Honeybee.

The amount you pay will be proportion to the service...£70 odd for 10 mins parking...Howzit which world do you live in...none of us is saying we don't want to pay for parking...what object to is people ripping the innocent public by sending them threatening letters...in nearly all the car parks controlled by PPCs I have been to you need to magnifying glass to find out the notices...PPC are crooks taking money from people by committing fraud...in any other country people will not tolerate such behaviour...

I think I would just rather go to a supermarket who don't have any restrictions and no PPC! Simples!!

Our local QD operate a car park which works just like a council car park...you take a ticket and pay by the hour...if you spend £5 or more in the store QD refund 2 hour parking charges...if you only shop for say 30 mins and spend more than £5 you still get 2 hours free...so you could also do other shopping...result QD is now one of most profitable firms...

Our local QD operate a car park which works just like a council car park...you take a ticket and pay by the hour...if you spend £5 or more in the store QD refund 2 hour parking charges...if you only shop for say 30 mins and spend more than £5 you still get 2 hours free...so you could also do other shopping...result QD is now one of most profitable firms...

We have a Asda near a town centre which does similar, its quite handy as you can park there and pay £1.50 for up to 2 hours or £3 all day. If you use the town centre shops its cheap parking and if you use Asda spend £5 you get refunded. I haven't actually read what they do to enforce payment if you don't pay. Its a good policy and I don't have a problem paying! However if I got a charge of them for parking with my tyre touching a white line, PPC style they would not be getting paid!

We have a Asda near a town centre which does similar, its quite handy as you can park there and pay £1.50 for up to 2 hours or £3 all day. If you use the town centre shops its cheap parking and if you use Asda spend £5 you get refunded. I haven't actually read what they do to enforce payment if you don't pay. Its a good policy and I don't have a problem paying! However if I got a charge of them for parking with my tyre touching a white line, PPC style they would not be getting paid!

They don't have to do anything...as vast majority of people are reasonable when they are faced with reasonable charges for actual services...but the PPC firms are just thugs and have never heard the word "reason"...my local station car park costs £7.50 all day during the week and 3.50 during the weekend...no problems with paying that...it is sheltered with barrier and automatic ticket control which you pay on exit...patrolled by a reputable security firm...if instead of engaging such crooked behaviour the PPCs actually behaved reasonably they would be make more money...but they are run by a bunch of morons anyway...

Hi, Crem

We spend approx. £35 per week in Sainsbury's on food shopping. Every couple of weeks we fill up for about £45. When we pay for food shopping, we sometimes get vouchers which offer £12 off the next food bill if we spend £60 or more. We sometimes get a voucher in the post or at the checkout offering double nectar points when we buy petrol. We don't spend ANYTHING like the amounts you suggest!

Have a good day!

Our local Sainsbury's (off the A27) provides free parking.

Parking should have a 'free' period but anything beyond that (however long or short the 'free' period is set) does need to have some reasonable, minimum charge to give other shoppers a chance to park, don't you think?

Parking should have a 'free' period but anything beyond that (however long or short the 'free' period is set) does need to have some reasonable, minimum charge to give other shoppers a chance to park, don't you think?

Nope