No hot water!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3869 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please can anyone advise us?? We live in a property for ex-servicemen and for the last 2 weeks have had no hot water sometimes we are lucky if we get quarter of a bath full of warm water but with 6 of us in the house its a rush to who gets the bath. Anyway we have phoned are landlord who are based in london and so far we have had someone out twice to look at boiler, the first time the plumber ordered a new part and said he would recomend for a new boiler anyhow that was on a friday i telephoned our maintanance officer only to be told they where unaware we needed new part ( everything has to be put in writting and approved by our housing department before work can be carried out) so once again they send out someone else 6 days after the original visit only to be told that he has ordered the wrong part by now im getting really annoyed so they send man back within hour and half and he tells me that im getting a new boiler fitted this week!!! great fantastic brilliant. . . NOT. I telephone monday to ask housing mantainance when will boiler be comming as its the week leading up to christmas for them to tell me no boiler has been approved!! anyhow my husband and my self have phoned our housing department and keep getting fobbed off with them saying they will phone us back its now 2 days until christmas eve and they still havent telephoned me back today i know its probably not relevant but i have 4 children in the house two whom are 1 and 2 years old and im having to stand them in bath and wash them down which in the summer is ok but not in the middle of winter. any advice would be great sorry for the long rant.:mad2:

Hello and Welcome, ccoates30.

I'll move this thread to a more appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi CC

I would keep a diary of events, clearly the landlord is responsible and this situation is totally unacceptable. I think you need get these deadlines in writing, the more

conversations you have over the phone the more conflicting info you will get. I think you need to tell people that you will take further action if you have too.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/HomeAndCommunity/Privaterenting/Repairsandstandards/DG_189194

Totally unacceptable and, yes, having young children there with you does have some bearing on this too

Call the Environmental Health Department at your Local Authority as soon as you can and (briefly) explain that it has been 2 weeks now and if nothing is done this week it may be (arguably) another 2 weeks after that... stress, too, that there are young children in the property

No-one at the Agent/Landlord's offices you are 'phoning would put up with this, why should you

Also, although it's not a route I often advocate (although I seem to have done so a couple of times recently) see if you can speak with your local MP too

One word of warning, though, I dealt with Armed Forces accommodation a few years back and the legislative/regulatory framework was pretty much completely different to private sector rentals - so, are in England/Wales and what type of tenancy agreement do you have? AST (Assured Shorthold Tenancy)?

Got to go now, will try to check back in later tonight, but do let us all know how you get on

Good luck too

As for me, happy to help out. I am not a Landlord, but I have been in the past. I am not an Agent, but I have been in the past. I am, therefore, a has been, so always seek independent and suitably qualified advice elsewhere before relying upon whatever has been posted here :-)

Thankyou to everyone for your advise, Im please to say after another phone call about an hour ago i was told that i would be getting a new boiler fitted next week!! I told them that this wasnt good enough so half hour later i recieved a call to say that my boiler would be fitted tomorrow. . brilliant i can acually bath the children without using pans of hot water and kettles:whoo:

Was just about to sign off, but that's GREAT news :)

In the nicest possible way hope not to see your name reappear too soon - unless you can help others in some way ;)

ps Have a Happy Christmas too then!

As for me, happy to help out. I am not a Landlord, but I have been in the past. I am not an Agent, but I have been in the past. I am, therefore, a has been, so always seek independent and suitably qualified advice elsewhere before relying upon whatever has been posted here :-)