MIB-Close Credit Management - Claim issued

analyst
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again all,

Just to bring everyone up to speed:

MIB pay out a frivolous claim in my absence. I am absent because they have not tried to contact me. They admit liability on my behalf, in my absence.

I did not sign this right over to them.

They have then been assigned the rights of the claimant.

The MIB - Using Geoff Leavers Solicitors - have submitted a claim to the courts. As they were sending letters to an old address, I did not get to defend the claim.

I now have a CCJ against my name, for 10k. My bank alerted me to this, and I then found out what was happening.

I wrote countless letters to the courts - All intercepted by the 'Court Manager', none getting through to the Judge.

But apparently the Judge 'read a letter from the defendant' (me) and threw out my defense. I am confused as to whether the letters we're getting through to the Judge or not.

I have contacted the MIB directly using their complaints procedure - I gave them the court claim reference number, and they have responded to me saying:

Thank you for your email.

I have searched our systems to try and trace the claim this matter relates to but unfortunately, I have been unable to locate the claim.

Could you provide me with your full address and the date that this alleged accident took place.

I look forward to hearing from you to enable me to proceed and complete my investigation into the matter.

If you have any queries in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Now the reason that there is a debt, is because the MIB admitted liability on my behalf. No court case. No summons. No contact. Nada.

The reason there is a CCJ is because they (The MIB/Geoff Leavers Solicitors) went to the courts and supplied the incorrect address details for me.

I would like to point out that since the CCJ in AUGUST 2010, I have never gone to the court to declare my employment status/wages/savings, and I have had NO FURTHER CONTACT from either the MIB, the Solicitors, or the courts demanding payment.

If I give the MIB my address and the date that the accident happened, what position does that put me in? PS The claim is SB, much like the rest of the cases they are pushing ahead with.

Thanks

They could find if they wanted to, as you say it matters not.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Just getting back into the swing of things again, so bear with me.....

You say this is SB, but they have been awarded a CCJ (by default) in 2010?

So are you saying that the actual alleged debt was SB prior to them being awarded the CCJ?

You really do need to get this set aside, as they now have a CCJ which they can enforce (legally)

Once you have it set aside, if they then try to bring the matter back to court, your defence will be that it is SB and should never have been taken to court in the first place.

I would give them the info they are requesting, but whilst the CCJ remains, expect a lot of activity regarding them trying to enforce it.

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/factsheet.php?page=12_how_to_set_aside_a_judgment_in_the_county_court

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Im sorry here im no proffesional, but I just dont understand were you think this is sb, its obviously not debt barred as its well within 6 years when the debt was created and the person has obviously put the pi claim in within the 3 years limit as you say the accident was in july 2007 and you noticed the ccj in aug 2010. your situation is alot different to other people on this thread as yours seems to be within time and its actually the mib and there solicitors who are chasing you and not a dodgy dca like ccm who've bought up a load of time barred debts and are trying there luck. I could be completely wrong, can you explain why you thinks its sb?

I've had a reply from MIB, they've skirted round the SB reference in my email.

I would also like to bring to your attention that the alleged debt is time barred by the Statute of Limitations Act 1980,**there having been an elapsed period of more than what is prescribed by the Act since the incident and no previous claim issued against me.

They've given details of their complaints procedure and sent a form for 'subject access request'.

With regards to liability, please confirm in detail the reasons you do not consider yourself at fault for the accident. If you are able to locate the letter that states that you were not liable for the accident, please forward a copy. I have reviewed*the claim and I have not been able to find the letter you refer to.

What do I do next? I still need to get my complaint into the OFT, but other than that I'm not sure of how to tackle this

Not all unhelpful really I would do the SAR,

and if you have the letter send them a copy

it can do no harm but may well help you resolve the problem.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Might the letter mentioning that

you were blameless be provided

as part of the SAR?

No they say they don't have it, and I'm starting wonder if I actually received one, it was so long ago.

Either way, the accident was in 2003 and I think last contact was in 2004. But I was never presented with a bill/debt until earlier this year.

Hi Guys,

I have had the same letters etc from MIB and CCM.

I had an accident back in 2003 and was told by my insurance company that the insurance had run out at midnight hence i was uninsured, I argued that i had not recieved a renewal notice but they ignored this.

Anyway, I recived contact from the MIB and a case assesor, I explained what had happened and to be honest the guy was very understanding. I then started receiving calls and letters from another collection company towards the begining of 2004 and I contacted the assesor at the MIB again to tell him I was being pestered and harrased by them, I explained that I couldnt afford the £3000 odd pounds they wanted and that I had no assets ect as I had just finished university. He was very understanding and told me that unfortunatly these collectors were rude and aplogised for this, and that he would put a stop to this and he would close the case.

True to his word I never received a call or any written correspondence from the collectors or MIB again. Until May this year when I received 2 letters (one from MIB and one from CCM) both in the same envelope saying i had been involved in an accident which the MIB had to pay out on and that i owed £6.2k. I was shoked to say the least.

I called CCM and told them there had been some mistake as this case had been closed in 2004 and to check the notes they had, they told me that they had not received any notes from MIB and were only given my name, address and the amount due. I asked them to put everything on hold until i investigated, i then called MIB who told me that they had no notes and this had been passed onto CCM!!! I asked them to investigate, and told them that the case had been closed. I was asked to show evidence of this and any other correspondence relating to the matter, i explained i did actually have these until 2 years ago when i cleared everything out. It seems nobody has my files and any notes on the system relating to the correspondence I had with the assesor or the previous collection company.

I sent the SB Letter after seeking advice from the national debt helpline (this was sent to both MIB and CCM Registered delivery) a few weeks later i received a letter back from CCM saying 'as you are no doubt aware, section 33 of the act provides that the limitation period can be excluded if it appears to the court that it would be equitable to allow an action to proceed' and that they were confident that the court will agree it is unfair to apply the time limit in these circumstances. They also wrote 'Are you now relying on the balance being staute barred, are you know acknowledging your involvement?'

In the same week as the last letter I also received a 'Final Settlement Offer' from CCM saying the MIB were willing to accept a reduced amount of £3.6k to be paid monthly over 36 months. I am confused, if they were confident of winning in court why would they offer reduced terms???

I have been pulling my hair out, and was about to pay the money off to stop the stress. then i came across this site and the situation with Wotsy. This has given me a glimmer of hope and i have sent an email to feedback@mib asking why they have waited for 7 years to contact me and that i should have been given a chance to defend myself rather than allowing interest to accrue over this period.

If ANYONE can help or advise me further please do, stressfull times at the moment and I really dont know what to do. I sent my e-mail to MIB 2 days ago and haven't heard anything back yet not even aknowledgement of recipt, how long should I wait? what do I tell CCM if they write to me again? I have asked them to correspond with me in writting but they still call every now and then but i wont speak to them and keep asking them to write.

Thanks for listening guys.

Has anyone actually made formal complaints about the MIB to the MIB, the OFT, Trading standards, or their local MP's?? I would also consider informing the media as well.

It is clear that these so called debts are either statute barred or unenforceable yet I haven't heard of anyone being pro-active in getting them bought to account.

The only letter MIB and their tame DCA CCM need receive is the "No debt acknowledged" letter, swiftly followed up by the SB letter if they continue to push the issue, and the next step is to inform the OFT&TS via consumer direct, your local MP, the media, and lodge a formal complaint with the MIB themselves.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well said Bazooka Boo!!

No acknowledgment of any alleged debt!

No explaining why you don't think you might be liable!

It is for the MIB and/or their agents to prove the debt exists, that you are liable and that the debt is enforceable in law.

Simples........ as they say in the insurance industry.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

• 5 months later...

Hi Bazooka, Jasper

You guys seem to be a massive help on this topic. Please can you take a look at my thread (cant post link) but you can look at my profile of search for MIB-Close Credit Management now Bluestone Credit Management

See what you think my next steps can be.

• 4 months later...

Hi Brigadier,

It's been nearly a year since I last posted here. Thought I would update you. After waiting several weeks from a reply from the MIB I received an email apologising for their delay and promising me that they would look into the issues and contact me within a week. That week turned into 2 months! I then received another email from a different person stating that it was a courtesy email, my file was on hold with the DCA and they were waiting for papers from the solicitors that handled the case. They asked if I wanted to submit my version of events (not likely) that I could. It was a relief to get some recite for a while and I waited patiently, hoping to get the famous 'Wotsy' email...

Instead almost a year since the very first notification from MIB & CCM, they decide to churn out the same original letter - this time from a different DCA. Any advice on how to approach this?

Any feedback appreciated.

Hi, Is the new DCA just managing/ collecting the account

or have they bought it?

I would suggest copies of all the previous correspondence

is sent to the new DCA with the usual disclaimer I do not

acknowledge any debt etc.,

Which DCA has this now.

The MIB customer service managers name is Chris Pugsley (well it was last year), he's the one who replied to my email and sent me letters.

Maybe if you wrote a letter in a similar tone to my original email directly to him it may help:

Chris Pugsley

Linford Wood House,

6-12 Capital Drive,

Milton Keynes.

MK14 6XT

PS

I did complain to everyone BB mentioned, the only response I got was from my local mp, Andy Burnham, who actually wrote to the MIB about my complaint, they replied with a load of BS about how they check every case thoroughly.

Hi, Is the new DCA just managing/ collecting the account

or have they bought it?

I would suggest copies of all the previous correspondence

is sent to the new DCA with the usual disclaimer I do not

acknowledge any debt etc.,

Which DCA has this now.

Good afternoon Brigadier

The DCA which have it now is Bluestone Credit Management. :-x Not sure if they're managing/collecting or have bought the debt. In any case, I just spoke to Debtline and they have advised to contact the Financial Ombudsman as my initial complaint (to MIB & CCM have not been dealt with.

The MIB customer service managers name is Chris Pugsley (well it was last year), he's the one who replied to my email and sent me letters.

Maybe if you wrote a letter in a similar tone to my original email directly to him it may help:

Chris Pugsley

Linford Wood House,

6-12 Capital Drive,

Milton Keynes.

MK14 6XT

Hi Wotsy!

Thanks for this. Nice to see you're still here helping us out. I've made a note of this manager's name & details. Been advised by National Debtline to contact the Financial Ombudsman for harassment. So will see how that goes. Cheers

• 1 year later...