• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MIB-Close Credit Management - Claim issued

analyst
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Dear All,

Sorry to add to the plethora of messages here, but I am also in a dilemma regarding MIB & CCM. I've read through thread from start to finish. Basically,received the 2 letters in one envelope asking for over 33K and a recent more 'softer' 2nd letter from CCM asking me to contact them ' they have professional people to help, there's no shame.. blah blah"

I had an accident with pedestrian in 2002. I wasn't insured. The man claimed PI and I was contacted by his solicitors. I just recovered an old email from June 2005 (3 months after the 3 yr deadline, although it's possible they communicated earlier). In this email I say that I was thinking of accepting liability and settling :-( Was young, so confused and scared out of my wit! Found reply saying Thank you but pls confirm agreement to settle in full. To my recollection, I don't believe I did that. I recall someone coming from MIB possibly 2005 or 06 and me stating catergorically I didn't accept full liability etc. And yes like someone mentioned before in this thread (they do get you to sign paper). I can't recall what exactly was concluded or signed. In any case, I haven't heard from this up until June 2011. Like many people, I no longer have the paperwork and remember shredding everything last year as I was moving after 13 years!

I've sent the SB letter to CCM and Wotsy's email to MIB. Still awaiting a reply. Can any experts offer any advice? I was feeling quite sure about the SB thing until I came across this email from 2005 where I feel like I hung myself !! Any constructive advice would me much appreciated.

Thank you

I take it the police were involved at the time of the accident, was there any court action taken

against you?

Reading your post the apart from the original contact, and the current

contact the last communication was 2005 can you recall when?

I am going to bump you thread to get you more advice.

BUMP

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

@Simone 2011

the limitation period for personal injuries is three years so if last writen comms from yourself was in 2005 this is well and truly out of time.

tell them you have your own professional people to help you and they've advised you to tell the MIB and any lowlife DCA employed by them to "Do one as it's statute barred!"

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Simone 2011

the limitation period for personal injuries is three years so if last writen comms from yourself was in 2005 this is well and truly out of time.

tell them you have your own professional people to help you and they've advised you to tell the MIB and any lowlife DCA employed by them to "Do one as it's statute barred!"

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Thanks for your response Brigadier2Jcs.

Yes the police were involved & all charges were dropped as there was insufficient evidence. I feel so embarrassed to say this but honesty is important here; I stopped & got out car but then panicked & drove off :-( I did however go into a station an hour later and was arrested and re-bailed after a number of months of turning up to the station. I wasn't asked to produce at the time and all charges were dropped. I then got a court summons for failing to stop, points & fine.

MIB visited my home in Spring 04 to get a statement & possibly got me to sign something (can't recall). Very last correspondence from what I can see is from the solicitors acting on man's behalf was approx June 05 asking me to"confirm agreement for them to conclude claimant's claim in full" as I had suggested that I might do so in May 05. I can't recall any further correspondence from either the claimant's solicitors or MIB after that period.

Simone 2011

Hi Jasper1965

Can you clarify a few points please? It seems like they (claimant's solicitors) did get in there before the 3 yr period as accident was Mar 02. Last correspondence from solicitors is June 05 but MIB was already involved and had conducted a home visit in 2004. CCM (acting on behalf on MIB) sent their first "You owe us money" letter late May 2011. I'm assuming they have made contact within the 6 years so no SB, or am I barking up the wrong tree here?

Sorry just a little confused.

Kind regards

That's not how it works, them making contact with you counts for nothing it has to be you making contact with them and it has to be either in writing and signed by you or acknowledgment by part payment.

So when was the last time you acknowledged any liability to the MIB in writing?

Jasper1965

That's not how it works, them making contact with you counts for nothing it has to be you making contact with them and it has to be either in writing and signed by you or acknowledgment by part payment.

So when was the last time you acknowledged any liability to the MIB in writing?

Hi Jasper,

Thanks for your quick response as the thread doesn't seem as busy as it was before. OK, I understand your point above. In response, there definitely wasn't any acknowledgement by payment of any sort. Possible last acknowledgement of liability (or part liability) via MIB may have been May 2005, but without any copies of letters it's hard to be precise. I would say no later than May/June 2005. The actual MIB home visit took place in 2004 and the claimant's solicitors were still trying to persuade me to accept full liability up to June 2005.

So is my concern with the 6 yr or 3 yr limitation?

6 years limitation on debt 3 years on the injury claim.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi just an update from me, a neighbour from of my mums received a letter end of april and then 1 mid may, ive just sat on it to see if they would send more or locate me at my address but 7 weeks gone by and absolutely nothing has happened, no letters at all nothing, scare monkeys. jasper1965 could you have a quick look through my situation please its near the bottom of page 12 and let me know what you think thanks alot.

Jadimba, seriously you have nothing to worry about, they DO know where you live, they have your details on record, as you currently have car insurance, are on the voters roll, and live at the same address.

If they were anything to be worried about whatsoever, then they would have ensured they have the correct address, again tell the neighbour to simply return the envelopes in the post marked "RTS NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS", there is nothing more that you can do, if they actually do send you a letter purporting that you owe this money, then you will have solid grounds to not only tell them where to get off, but to also report them and complain to everyone including your MP and the media.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Jasper,

I was wondering if you could further advise me. CCM has chosen not to respond to or acknowledge my SB letter and request for them to provide all documentation under the Subject Rights Access. Instead, they have sent their standard "Final Settlement Offer" letter. I posted and faxed the SB letter to them well over 2 weeks ago. MIB also haven't responded to email (Wotsy's amended); that's been over a month. Is there another angle by which I could approach this before they send a summons to court? My ill health could not cope with that pressure.

Kind regards

How long ago did you send the subject access request and has the £10.00 fee been cashed

The SAR should have gone to MIB

They have

(40) days to reply.

Brig.

Edited by BRIGADIER2JCS

sorry Brigadier,

but didn't understand your last response. I wanted to understand where does my particular case fall?

That's the

STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ACT time after which a claim cannot be made in court.

How long ago did you send the subject access request and has the £10.00 fee been cashed

The SAR should have gone to the original creditor, they have fourty (40) days to reply.

CCA to CCM.

Brig.

wow that was quick. Thanks

Ok, I put the Subject Access Request in with the standard SB letter!! So should I send them another one? I imagine I need to send them £10 postal order. Do I send to CCM or MIB?

Your welcome, confusing ain't it:madgrin:

:-x Indeed so. I've just spoken to National Debtline, they've advised me to sit tight and wait for them to prove that it's not SB barred! They also advised that I didn't need to send the SAR letter to MIB as it was up to the DCA to supply that and prove otherwise. There's a question mark here because of the PI element and whether a judge may rule it 'equitable' to pursue a time barred debt. Point is, I've indicated it's SB and asked for documentation; they haven't responded or acknowledged. Also they're offering me a full & final settlement offer - does that mean they know it's possibly SB?

:-x Indeed so. I've just spoken to National Debtline, they've advised me to sit tight and wait for them to prove that it's not SB barred! They also advised that I didn't need to send the SAR letter to MIB as it was up to the DCA to supply that and prove otherwise. There's a question mark here because of the PI element and whether a judge may rule it 'equitable' to pursue a time barred debt. Point is, I've indicated it's SB and asked for documentation; they haven't responded or acknowledged. Also they're offering me a full & final settlement offer - does that mean they know it's possibly SB?

I can' t say I agree with what you have been told at all,it is generally pointless to send a SAR to a DCA as they do not hold the data

you require, have you already sent a SAR to CCM or not?

I think judge would leave him or her self open to appeal on equitable to pursue.

I can' t say I agree with what you have been told at all,it is generally pointless to send a SAR to a DCA as they do not hold the data

you require, have you already sent a SAR to CCM or not?

I think judge would leave him or her self open to appeal on equitable to pursue.

No, they didn't suggest I send a SAR to a DCA. But her point was the fact that I asked for that in my general SB letter should make them at least response to say, OK we've noted your request and will get onto MIB about it. In any case, I'll go ahead and send the SAR letter to MIB with the payment and see what happens. I've read cases on this thread where CCM have been able to supply documentation/information (even if it is often inaccurate, half-baked) to try and defeat the person.

I've heard that alleged too.

CCM will no doubt ignore any reference to the SAR anyway.

Just keep looking out for their response to the SB letter, did you give

them a time frame?

I've heard that alleged too.

CCM will no doubt ignore any reference to the SAR anyway.

Just keep looking out for their response to the SB letter, did you give

them a time frame?

Oops :| No I didn't give them a time frame. Just the courteous "I await your confirmation that no further contact/action will be made" closing. So Mr Brigs, what's the best way forward in your opinion? Send CCM another "Oi it's SB letter" or just the SAR request to MIB?