Clampers and towers in Leeds - taking a stand, help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was clamped and then towed in less than 2 hours in Leeds city centre by a company called JD Parking Consultants Ltd. I called them immediately and they were already adding a charge for 1 days storage! A grand total of £385! While I know charges can be levied, charging for clamping and then towing AND storage in under 2 hours is excessive.

I've issued a claim against them and managed to get my car back but the issue of charges will be dealt with in court in January. I've met these guys and seen how their operation works and it really isn't justifiable that they charge such unreasonable fees!

I was hoping that there might be others out there with similar experiences??? Anyone who feels that they paid but wish they hadn't or anyone who's been through a claim process?? I could be able to help with free legal advice and claim your money back. If other people show that they've also been charged out of proportion amounts then it will really help our case but also show these guys that they can't do this to people and be so smug about it.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice guys!

Thread moved.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I've issued a claim against them and managed to get my car back but the issue of charges will be dealt with in court in January. I've met these guys and seen how their operation works and it really isn't justifiable that they charge such unreasonable fees!

Were you towed from priavte land or were they acting on behalf of the council?

If from private land, make sure you have included the landowner in your court claim. If you are only suing the clamping firm, then, win or loose, it is unlikely they will pay you your money back.

If you have won against the landowner also, then you are pretty much garunteed you will be repaid otherwise you can send the bailiffs in against the landowner.

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.