style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4868 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a phone on an 18 month contract from Orange in April 2008. In September 2009 I decided I wanted to cancel the contract after the 18 month period was up and sent an e-mail and covering letter by post to this effect. I also cancelled the direct debit after the final payment was taken from my bank account. The phone was not used after the date I sent the cancellation e-mail and letter.

I heard nothing from Orange and considered the contract closed and all was ok. Then in early January 2010 I received a letter from Orange stating that my account was in default and that I owed £60.74 in airtime. I immediately phoned Orange who said they had received my e-mail but an operator had tried to contact me but I was unavailable and a message was left to phone their help desk. There was no message left on my land line, and as I was not using the mobile phone no message was seen. No letter was received either.

The operator asked for a payment of the £60.74 which I refused.

Since then I have received many letters and phone calls from debt agencies, firstly from Moorcroft then DLC and now the latest is Scotcall. All have asked for the payment and which I have refused. Threats of court action, doorstep collectors etc have followed. I have told Moorcroft and Scotcall that I want them to take me to court as I dispute the debt, but nothing has happened yet.

Now the final straw. I tried to purchase a computer yesterday on a buy now pay later finance option but was refused finance for the first time ever in my 64 year life. I went to creditexpert and got a credit report and lo and behold there is one default among the 17 listed and it's Orange. This was added in June of this year.

So although I am disputing the debt, Orange are allowed to trash my otherwise perfect credit rating.

What can I do now? Any help would be great.

Edited by hateorange
spelling