Abbey/Santander : Santander has completely blocked my account.Bahhh humbug.

thekidsmum123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, sorry if i have post this in the wrong place.

Over a week ago i tried to use my santander debit card at my local cash point, it was refused.I contacted Santander and was told my account was now blocked.I have rang them over 30 times, i have been to my branch 3 times and it's still blocked.I have just got off the phone to them and they have told me that HMV had tried to debit my account with £35 and this has been flagged as fraudulant.They want me to get who ever tried to put this money into my account to come with me to my branch with forms of id and proof that it was them.How on earth am i supposed to do this? I am seriously at the end of my teather with these lot.It's a week before christmas and i have no money at all.They will not allow me to draw any out.I have wages, tax credits etc... that are supposed to be paid in tomorrow and they have said because my account is frozen this will not be paid in.I have direct debits and standing orders coming out too.Will i be charged for these? I'm a single mum with 3 children and i have been left with nothing, i'm actually moving in with my mum tomorrow because the electric ran out before, i can't even buy food.Will somebody please please help me.

Thanks in advance

Claire.

Hi,

Sorry I don't quite understand the bit where you say "HMV had tried to debit my account with £35 and this has been flagged as fraudulant.They want me to get who ever tried to put this money into my account to come with me to my branch with forms of id and proof that it was them "

Your saying HMV tried to debit your account, then someone put money into your account ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Santander have told me that HMV the shop have tried to refund me money, which they have flagged as fraud.They want me to get HMV to come to my branch with forms of identification.How the heck am i supposed to do that? It's just a really daft and strange situation.

Yep not heard one like that before, have you been in the HMV they are on about ?

So you ordered something from HMV online and they debited your account, then as the item was not in stock, they tried to refund it and Santandar flagged it as fraudulant.

What did they say at your branch ?

Like you say if it was ordered on-line how can you be expected to find the person that tried to pay the money into your account, it's got me beat.

We had a similar problem with A & L when I tried to pay for an advert on Autotrader. They blocked my account and I could not access any money. I had to go back home and phone to get them release the bar. The second time it happened I opened a new account with HSBc and closed the A & L account. Seems they pick a transaction at random, flag it as fraud and block your account. I don't understand what they have to gain from doing this?