Limit on making a recall for internation money transfer

AMIN-AZ2

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys , hope some one can help me - recently been a victim of email theft and money fraud. Basically sent some funds over to china for some goods. I was dealing with a company who i agreed to purchase some goods of, and sent the 30% deposit money thru, which they acknowledged, then after the goods were complete and pending shipment i had to pay the balance of 70%. The method of payment i used was through a financial boutique, who sent the money over using RBS. During the process of communication with the supplier some one got hold of the emails and asked to send the funds to a different bank account, as the original account was going thru some auditing,.so i stupidly sent the money through , i realised this the next day after checking the emails from the supplier, so immediatley i asked the bank to recall the monies, within 24hrs - can anyone please let me know what the procedure is to get my money back please. The funds are sitting in the fraudster account and i need to recall them funds. The bank says the instructions that i gave them were of a genuine account and that its up to the recipient to instruct the chinese bank to send the monies back - so i am stuck basically .

Afraid they are correct. They followed your instructions explicitly, so they are not liable to you having completed your instructions. If the alternative bank account is within the EU, then there is limited scope for a hold and possible reversal, but if the destination account is in the Far East, I'm unaware of even a fraudulent hijacking being reversible (as it was you who were induced to switch the destination). As your instructions were complied with.

Hi Amin

The best thing to do is gather all the details, contact the police. Clearly a fraud has taken place. In these times you really do need to be careful. Technology can work against you. Getting your money back is a long shot, but who knows.

But this all started with a fraudulant E-mail after a genuine e-mail had been intercepted.

http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/reporting_fraud.htm

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/report_fraud

They want you to report it, don't take no for an answer.

thanks - ive been to the police but they are saying contact the bank as the bank has its own fraud team!!! so they have sent me away!!!!

No they don't!

Local Police should take a formal report of fraud in the following circumstances:

• Where the person suspected of committing the crime can be easily identified.
  • Where the person reporting or the victim is vulnerable.
  • Where the crime is in progress.

By all means, help the Met compile statistics on the problem, but that's not what you want - you want your money back. In your shoes, I'd be checking and searching to see whether there are online reports of this company neing the centre for similar instances eound the world - perhaps a dishonest staff member is doing it? But to expect UK police to do anything practical is a false hope, unless you can prove the miscreant is in the UK. Also, for the email you received tell you to divert the funds, what was the IP address it came from? You'll be able to work out easily where in the world it originated (assuming it wasn't cloaked).