Trouble with Yorkshire Bank

JonniBravo

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has been on maternity from march 09 to dec 09 last year, she had a large loan with Yorkshire Bank which we were unable to pay in full whilst she was on maternity leave, when we called the bank we informed then that the £260 p.m payments were impossible for us to pay during this time so they told us to miss a payment to allow debt collections to make an arrangement with us(Eh! This had me completely miffed), we made an arrangement of £160pm for the 9 months maternity leave and received phone calls every month stating we were in danger of having debt collectors sent to the door even though they would accept the payment agreement and extend it for 3 months.

After the maternity leave was over my partner setup a payment agreement of £300pm that ensured that the account would be settled on time in December of this year, the last payment was due last week but for some reason the bank failed to take the payment(Standing Order) from our bank account, my partner has regrettably looked into the account believing the loan had been taken and the balance settled and bought the Christmas shopping, a short time after collections have called and told us the payment has not been made and are threatening to chrage us if we do not make a gesture payment even though the branch have admitted that the payment should have been made the week before and without offering an explanation as to why the has happened.

I know my partner perhaps should have checked the balance properly before breaking into the money but do we have a leg to stand on.