Towed by private firm

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4875 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was towed from outside my flat which is private land. The company that towed me was contracted for 1 year last year. The terms of parking says that you must have a valid permit for parking. The year was up and no word from the firm or our housing association, I sent my housing association an email back in september to find out how I could go about getting a permit. I heard nothing until I actually called the association to find out if CES were still working as the clampers. I was told that a new person had started as our housing officer back in June. No one knew this. He stated that it was my responsibility to get a permit and I told him I had already tried to do so. I had parked there as none of the other permits were valid on any of the cars and wasn't completely sure if CES still worked for us. Only my car and one other were towed and even now all the cars parked there don't have a valid permit. My car was apprently clamped (although I have no record of this) and towed and taken away to Edmonton (15 miles) and told I couldn't collect it until 8am the next morning. I was only allowed to pay cash and had to finf £425. I had to pay it as it was a company vehicle. Is there anything I can do?? I appealed straight away and received a letter stating it was being dealt and nothing since. I am also sure it has now been more than 28 days. HELP!!!