Income support & housing benefit! Anyone experience with this?

gazmix
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Has anyone on income support here & DLA not been rewarded the full £419.99 a month housing benefit inc council tax?

I need to know this before paying my deposit of £400 that my landlord needs or i will lose it!!

This flat is my dream! Its what i need!!

My local council says i will get it, but nobody can guarantee as everyone is different!!

Advice appreciated

Gaz

Hi Gaz

I'm new here myself, having problems with HB too. As far as I know, if you get Income Support you should get full Local Housing Allowance but it does also depend on whether the size of the property is the right size for your family. If you are a single person living in a three bedroom house you won't get the full rent covered but if you were, say a couple with one child, then you would be allocated the allowance for two bedrooms.

Someone posted me a link earlier which is all about LHA but apparently I don't have enough privileges to be able to share it with you

One thing I do know, being in receipt of DLA myself is that it is not taken into account for housing benefit. your assessment will be done on Income Support alone. I hope that you get the place you want. I think there is a secure deposit scheme that landlords are meant to use so that your deposit is safeguarded? Hopefully someone who knows more than me can tell you all about it!

Good luck

Pixy

Hi Pink Pixy

I'm currently single, & looking at a 1 bed flat, its all i need! But the thought of giving £419 & losing it in case i don't is killing me!! I so want this flat!! But the council can't reassure!!

I will ask them about the safeguard deposit scheme!! & i will see them on Monday & my hopeful future landlord!

I just wish it was so much easier by the council that i will get what i'm allowed!!

Regards

Gaz

Hi Gaz

I think it depends if you are over or under 25 (although I think that is changing again, I can't keep up!) as the rates are different. You may be able to find what you are entitled to on your local council's website, mine has a calculator on it to work out what the maximum LHA entitlement is depending on your age and family size.

I do hope you get it, it's not much to ask for in the scheme of things is it, but it makes such a difference to those of us who rely on it.

Good luck!

Pixy

I am 37 pixy, i was told in person at the local housing place i would get it, but on the phone they can't guarantee!! I will see them on Monday again & then view the property again at 5pm & then make a decision!! Stress lol!! If you can find anything you may know in meantime, other than what i'm googling/searchning, i'd appreciate it!!

Regards

Gaz