PHS Wastetech trying to pull a fast one! Lying about accident.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4059 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was stationary in traffic at a set of traffic lights, PHS Wastetech vehicle to my left. Lights change, my lane remains stationary and the PHS Wastech vehicle swings in to my lane hitting the left hand side of my vehicle from the rear to the passenger door mirror.

They intended to drive off despite other drivers sounding their horns and flashing, unfortunately for them they got caught up in traffic and I pulled the driver from the cab.

They admitted liability at the site and gave me their details. They appologised for the accident and said they hadn't realised they hit me until they had already pulled away. Impossible as it was a very noisey collision and my van was pushed against the curb sideways!

I then got a letter from 'corclaim' stating that I had driven in to the rear of their clients vehicle damaging 6 tail lights! (Quite impressive considering their vehicle only has 2, one on either side and they're caged in! EVEN if I did run in to the back of them, I would only be able to damage one of them as the space between them is wider than my vehicle!

More to the point, it's impossible that I hit them from behind as I was in a different lane, they were to my side, and most importantly, there's no damage to the front of my vehicle! The damage starts from the back of my van, pulling up to the passenger door mirror.

The wing was not damaged, nor any of the front panels. I took detailed photos at the scene which showed things like glass scatter directly below my van and not spread as it would do if I was not stationary. Also the metal work and B pillar of my van was pulled and twisted FORWARD not backward as it would have been if I had driven in to them!

The only damage to their vehicle was the waste management control unit which is mounted on the side of their vehicle. This was on the floor next to my wing mirror.

They are claiming for half a day's loss of use, however apparently their vehicle was repaired in June 2010! The accident was in March 2009! And the 6 rear tail lights were ordered in March 2009 as well.

There's holes all over their claims and Performance/Crusader Assistance are unable to settle this claim with my best interests at heart. They're informing me that I am unlikely to get anything more than a 50/50 settlement.

I simply cannot believe that this would stand up in court, the phyical evidence photographed at the scene and assoicated damage to my vehicle clearly identifies a false claim from the 3rd party!

I am looking at writing to my insurance company expressing my disapointment and need your help to get my claim settled as quickly as possible. I'm open to any ideas and input, caselaw and regs etc will be very helpful!

I couldn't use the van until it was repaired as the passenger door and load door was damaged in such a way they could not be opened. Since the rear doors were kitted out as tool areas we could not access the load area.

The passenger window was also broken and my insurance company did not call a glass fitter to secure so we had to park it in a secure garage while repairs were being arranged.

Please help if you can as I'm talking to a brick wall at the moment. All they're saying is that neither of us have a witness as they admitted liability on site I didn't think twice about it! And that being the case, the best it can go down as is 50/50.

But I believe the physical evidence is enough, plus the fact it puts thier claim firmly in dispute.

Physical evidence is nothing without witnesses to back up the situation, also photographs of the locus, the offending vehicle and damage to yours. That saais, Corclaim's correspondence should be passed to your insurers, who will treat it with the contempt it deserves.

http://www.harveyingram.com/Legal-Services/Commercial-Services/Corclaim.aspx

As you'll see, they exist only to minimise the losses of their clients.