Overdrawn by £16 yorkshire bank help please Thankyo.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

To cut a long story short I have gone overdrawn today by £16 on my yorkshire bank ready cash account.

I have my dla paid into this account to pay my direct debts.

I tried to get down today to pay in some cash but the weather was very bad so I was not able to

I will be putting in the money on monday morning.

My question is how much will they charge me for going overdrawn.

Also is it worth pleading my case as a transaction I made on the 15th was not taken untill today the 17th.

But i had thought this money had already been taken hence the short fall.

I have my direct debits to pay this month and have enough money to pay these but if they charge me then I wont be able to meet my direct debits.

Sorry for ranting on but I am very worried now.

Thankyou for any help you can suggest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and sorry you didn't get a response before.

If you have been charged it's always worth pleading your case. If you find you now don't have enough to cover your DD's as a result of charges, and have been charged more, let them know the impact of this on you.

I'd try ringing them in the first instance. Be polite but firm and don't be fobbed off with the first response if they don't agree, and if necessary ask to speak to someone in authority. Don't let them brow beat you either.

If the account has been in good order for a while point this out too.

If you don't get a positive response by phone then write a letter of complaint.

Let us know how it goes.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.