• Tweets

• “The following has now been clarified as a category for which you may be eligible for a temporary medical exemption: Recent PCR-confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection (after 31 July 2021) where a vaccination can be deferred until six months after the infection,” TA said in a letter to players and their teams.   The same document also made it clear that any applications for a medical exemption needed to be sent “no later than Friday 10 December 2021” — six days before Djokovic tested positive — meaning a positive Covid test would have come too late for TA’s exemption guidelines. Djokovic missed exemption cut-off by six days   Let alone that he quite clearly seemed to juggle the actual date of knowledge of his alleged infection to allow him to masklessly mix with youngsters and others     Anyway all other issues aside, lets ask the first question first: He applied for his visa without  required exemptions at the time, and without any intention whatsoever of being vaccinatated (not that he had time) - why? and how did he think he was going to be allowed access?   Notes: * I don't know, but Its probably a simple tick box of 'do you meet requirements and can you supply evidence' on the original application * There was clearly some issues with this known as the Aus tennis association said they had confirmed a prior infection (within stated limits/requirements) could or did allow an exemption (technicality - also included statement that infection exemption meant vaccination could be deferred form 6 months - not refused)    
    • Indeed I thought the court case concentrated more on technicalities and possible flaws in the reasoning rather than whether Djokovic met the conditions. Maybe not a legal reason, but he doesn't seem to worry about keeping to the rules about self-isolating and seems to have been economical with the truth over travel in the two weeks before the tournament.   As you say, there are doubts about the test and someone has also asked what he planned to do in the event he didn't manage to test positive a couple of weeks before he travelled.
    • There is a confusion of terminology here. When it comes to documents granting tenancies they are either described as "tenancy agreements" or "leases". However, though the former is generally used to describe an instrument granting a tenancy for three years or less and the latter to describe an instrument made by deed granting a tenancy for more than three years, they are not "terms of art", that is words or phrases with set meanings. The word "lease", though perhaps primarily used to refer to a document. also refers to an interest in land so that "lease" and "tenancy" mean the same thing, that is a leasehold interest.   Any purported grant of a tenancy for a term exceeding three years is void as provided by section 52(1) of the Law of Property Act 1925:   All conveyances of land or of any interest therein are void for the purpose of conveying or creating a legal estate unless made by deed.   By way of clarification:   Section 205(1)(ii) says:   “Conveyance” includes a mortgage, charge, lease, assent, vesting declaration, vesting instrument, disclaimer, release and every other assurance of property or of an interest therein by any instrument, except a will   Section 52(2) says:   This section does not apply to [...] leases or tenancies or other assurances not required by law to be made in writing   That is clarified by section 54(2) which says:   Nothing in the foregoing provisions of this Part of this Act shall affect the creation by parol of leases taking effect in possession for a term not exceeding three years (whether or not the lessee is given power to extend the term) at the best rent which can be reasonably obtained without taking a fine   (For your information I post as Lawcruncher on LLZ)  
    • I'm still waiting for the petty cash/expenses for the week or so around the various parties to be examined (by te expected whitewash - yeah right)  - for a number of few hundred quick booze bills charging the taxpayer for their antics
    • ..   and was that exemption a proper medically certifies exemption - or some dodgy self swab which changed status .. as it seems to be reported
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Toys R Us Xmas delivery promise

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4048 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought I'd spread the word and give a heads up....

Ordered goods on 1st Dec

Had mail advising of dispatch on 6th Dec

Estimated delivery 9th Dec

Chased on 13th.. no response

Chased again yesterday...

Voicemail from T rU...

"Being returned by carrier, not able to get out before Xmas therefore giving refund".

This is even though they are still advertising on their web site delivery by Xmas if ordered by midnight tonight!

No attempt appears to have even been made to deliver, it is not a rural postcode, no card through the door etc.

Just a heads up is all!

Different carriers have different logistics problems. The fact they are still advertising is irrelevant, providing they can still deliver to the majority of postcodes. As for complaining to TS, don't bother - it would be needless 'busy work' with no benefit to anyone.

Perhaps you believe every address is treated equally? On the basis of the changeable nature of the weather, if the majority of shipments get through - their claim is justified. If carriers deem certain areas at 'no go' then this does not diminish the promise, and the ASA (not TS) are happy to agree.

Sort of agree but this is a different situation:

They are delivering to an area that has not had a snow problem. We had a splattering that was gone in 2 days earlier in the Month. They have had 17 days from order till now to either deliver or contact me: nothing!

I an just pointing out that if they have been unable to deliver a parcel to Berkshire in 17 days (a non-affected postal area), how can they commit to deliver by Xmas - 5 working days away? They even said on the phone TODAY, that they could re-send my shipment but didn't think it would arrive in time for Xmas - a promise flashing on their OWN WEBSITE as they were speaking to me!

People will order with them tonight expecting delivery by Xmas and I expect there will be quite a number of disappointed children come Xmas day.

I have had many deliveries from various people & places over the last couple of weeks - all have arrived in good time. This is NOT a weather related problem, it is a problem with their own processes and standard of customer service. They have a network of outlets that if they were dedicated to delivering customer service they could use in this sort of situation:

Pack & deliver from local store.

Pack at local store and offer collection.

No, they rely on a distribution centre somewhere up north & a carrier that appears to be unable to even attempt a delivery and just holds onto the stuff for a couple of weeks and then sends it back.

My advise is based on the information you've provided.

Sort of agree but this is a different situation:

They are delivering to an area that has not had a snow problem. We had a splattering that was gone in 2 days earlier in the Month. They have had 17 days from order till now to either deliver or contact me: nothing!

I an just pointing out that if they have been unable to deliver a parcel to Berkshire in 17 days (a non-affected postal area), how can they commit to deliver by Xmas - 5 working days away? They even said on the phone TODAY, that they could re-send my shipment but didn't think it would arrive in time for Xmas - a promise flashing on their OWN WEBSITE as they were speaking to me!

People will order with them tonight expecting delivery by Xmas and I expect there will be quite a number of disappointed children come Xmas day.

I have had many deliveries from various people & places over the last couple of weeks - all have arrived in good time. This is NOT a weather related problem, it is a problem with their own processes and standard of customer service. They have a network of outlets that if they were dedicated to delivering customer service they could use in this sort of situation:

Pack & deliver from local store.

Pack at local store and offer collection.

No, they rely on a distribution centre somewhere up north & a carrier that appears to be unable to even attempt a delivery and just holds onto the stuff for a couple of weeks and then sends it back.