Advice needed regarding appeal processes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I was sacked for gross misconducton the 20th October and lodged my intention to appeal the decision within the 5 days required. I have today recieved notification that my appeal is to be heard on the 21st January 2011. I believe that claims to an employment tribunal have to be made within 3 months of the date of dismissal which ends the week before my hearing and leaves me no opportunity to take my claim further if needed. I would would very grateful if anyone could advise me on what steps to take please?

I had also asked HR at the time of lodging my appeal for copies of the staff care policy and supervision policy as well as minutes from my hearing (as I was not medically fit to attend) but to date have not been provided with the requested documents. Are they required to provide me with any documentation required prior to the appeal?

Many thanks.

Hello there. Have you had a read of the ACAS and directgov websites at all for disciplinary procedures? ACAS also have a helpline.

When time limits have cropped up here before, I think the advice was to file the tribunal papers because you could always withdraw them if you reach a mutual agreement with your employer.

I hope some of the others will be along later.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi ,

Sacked 20th October and your appeal hearings on the 21st Jan .....i can only assume that the company are trying it on , waiting 3 months for an appeal is NOT reasonable by any stretch of the imagination .

There is nothing stopping you from putting in a claim to the Tribunal Service before your appeal and if you have a good claim then thats exactly what you should do . It s easy and free , download the form from their website . good Luck