wondering where i stand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was recently let go from my old company after 8 months of beein there but they didn't give me 48hrs notice before the disciplinary hearing nor did i get a weeks notice of them getting rid of me also i didn't get my 2nd written or final warning before i was dismissed, but in the company handbook it says they have the right to jump stages in disciplinary is this legal?

i was recently let go from my old company after 8 months of beein there but they didn't give me 48hrs notice before the disciplinary hearing nor did i get a weeks notice of them getting rid of me also i didn't get my 2nd written or final warning before i was dismissed, but in the company handbook it says they have the right to jump stages in disciplinary is this legal?

Hello and welcome to the forum. I think we're going to need more information if we're going to be able to advise you.

You seem to be saying the company didn't follow disciplinary procedures; do you mean their own or the ACAS guidelines please? Can you tell us what you were dismissed for? It sounds as if the company booklet could be talking about gross misconduct if they can miss out some of the stages.

And what outcome are you looking for?

HB

Edited by honeybee13
Addition.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hello and welcome to the forum. I think we're going to need more information if we're going to be able to advise you.

You seem to be saying the company didn't follow disciplinary procedures; do you mean their own or the ACAS guidelines please? Can you tell us what you were dismissed for? It sounds as if the company booklet could be talking about gross misconduct if they can miss out some of the stages.

And what outcome are you looking for?

HB

Honey Bee is correct. You need to supply more information before we can give you decent advice. the best place to start is normally the beginning!

If you have been summarily dismissed for a gross misconduct offence, then it isn't necessary to issue any kind of warning beforehand, but you really need to give us more info first.