O2 Contract passed to Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4851 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im hoping somebody can help...

O2 have just passed my mobile broadband contract to moorcroft without any notice (letters or email) they tell me they have sold the debt to moorcroft because it has been overdue for more than 30days (36 days in total) Im quite aware i should of payed the £30 for this and this is a oversight on my behalf. But to have sold the debt to moorcroft and charge me a disconnection fee and not even bother sending me any letters or emails is surely unacceptable??

O2 tell me i have to ask moorcroft to ask o2 to reconnect me but that is after i pay moorcroft the disconnection fee and the outstanding months of the contract which is 4 months. I have been a long term customer and always paid my bills on time for 3 years!!!

I would like some advice on what to do, i do not want to deal with moorcroft over the phone at all, but i do not want to get in any trouble (credit score) what should i do next? can i pay o2 the outstanding amount which is £30 or will they not accept it?

I would really love some advice thanks for taking the time

Jon

Companies are being less tolerant - Virgin (for example) charge you £10 if you do not pay your bill in full in 26 days from the billing date. At 40 days the service is disconnected and a reconnection fee required. It is all down to how they are prepared to treat their customers.

In your situation cut Moorcroft out the loop - make payment to O2 for the amount you WOULD have owed, and for the following month. Do this by BACS or PC Banking. I seriously doubt they will return this, and this gives you a chance to ask for reconnection. They may be prepared to reconnect and reinstate, but you cannot delay - if they take your money, the expectation is for service to be restored.

I had a very similar issue with 3 recently. I cancelled all6 contracts I have with them over the phone, kept telling them not to bother telling me the early termination fee as I wasn't going to pay it, then e-mailed the CEO explaining what I'd done. First thing next morning a call from the CEO's office asking for 5 days to look into it. I said I'd give them until the end of the day - 1700hours. At about 16:50 the CEO himself called apologisiing profusely, telling me how much my custom was valued and would I reconsider if they waived all contract payments for the month. I reconsidered and am still with them and happy again, BUT it's ridiculous I had to go to all that trouble to resolve a mistake made by them!

Hi thanks to you all for your replies

I will get a email off to that department so thanks for that, in the meantime do i need to write to moorcroft or send them something?

And also i only missed 1 payment and i didnt miss 6 in row how will this effect my credit rating?

Thanks

Hi thanks to you all for your replies

I will get a email off to that department so thanks for that, in the meantime do i need to write to moorcroft or send them something?

And also i only missed 1 payment and i didnt miss 6 in row how will this effect my credit rating?

If you only missed one payment and you're paying again it won't have any significant effect on your credit rating, if any. If you're not making payments or they are refusing to take payments you need to find a way to make the payment. Phone Orange UK and ask if you can make a payment over the phone or something - there must be a way. If you hit problems post back.

Thanks

If you only missed one payment and you're paying again it won't have any significant effect on your credit rating, if any. If you're not making payments or they are refusing to take payments you need to find a way to make the payment. Phone Orange UK and ask if you can make a payment over the phone or something - there must be a way. If you hit problems post back.

You need to get their refusal to accept payment documented in some way, record a phone call or get it in writing as this will go a long way to help you in the event of further problems. How did you pay previously? My bank allows me to send a one off payment to another persons' bank account with just their account number and sort code with a reference number. If you cannot do it any other way try that, because their refusal to accept will then be documented by your bank.

• 3 weeks later...