• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Studio Cards

nic1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bit of advise needed!

In 2008 i opened an account with studio, in sept 2009 i settled the account and owed nothing - no worries or so i thought till 3 months ago, I moved sept 2009 (due to relationship break-up) i didnt let them or several other catalogues had alot going on so thought they would just close the account - yet 3 months ago i was sent a statement to my new address (not on elec roll for this address or bills so not sure how they got address) statement no 10 or 11, they claim i owe them £350! is it just me or is this very strange??? not sure how they have got my new address / phone number or were the other supposed statements have gone or where the goods have gone either, any advise on how to deal with these people? i dont want debt collectors rocking up where i live (had to move bk to mums)!!
:)

I would contact Stupido and ask them for a full breakdown of what items were ordered, when and where they were delivered too.

Do not acknlowledge any debt to them

You could be the victim of fraud.

Do you still have any old statements showing a £0.00 balance from when you cleared the balance before you moved.

No i dont have any statements from that time, i moved out of the house on 31st august 2009 & settled what i owed them end of sept 2009 when i got paid, no statements obviously came to me because i had left that house, thing is if i ring these idiots they will know for def i live here & i've sent post bk saying not at this address, REALLY REALLY dont want them knowing where i live!!!

One of the letters i got i steamed open & had photocopied, it is statement 10 - i've had nothing b4 this (21st oct 2010) whoever has order stuff has obviously had the other statements say's on statement balance brought forward from statement 9 £307.28 + default sum & service charge now £336.19

another part of the letter is "notice of sums in arrears" - last two payments £34.49 due on 16/09/10 + £18.43 on 14/10/10, over a year after i moved!!

I also have alot of other debts but dont really wanna get into that, but have had advise to declare myself bankrupt!! :sad::evil:

Another part of this story is that my ex partner was still at our old house at this time (till around nov)& his new "girlfriend" was probably staying there to, so this is the only thing i can think of as to why this is happening, even this sounds far fetched to me so there not gonna believe me either????

Hi Nic and welcome.

Forget your ex and his chick, forget B R for the mo, but list all your alleged debts and we can get to work on helping you, dont just deal with Studio, get them all sorted.

So what you waiting for, start typing with as much info as you can like this..

1 hsbc 2k loan circa 2010..comms..........

You know it makes sense.

Mr

Regards..Mr Worried :)

LOL, ok, here goes...........

1) Northern Rock - house has been sold but still have £67,105.38 outstanding (me & ex co-owned)

2) Credit Union - £5,000+ pearsonal loan

3) Additions Catalogue - £2,500 +

4) British Gas - £600+ - i settled this account when i left rung & spoke to them yet still chasing!!

5) Abbey - £1,400+ - overdraft - joint account - asked for my name to be removed but they sent me paperwork he had to fill in too & he (the ex)refused!!

6) Dorothy Perkins store card - £900+ -

7) 02 phone - £600+ - stupidly got ex a phone in my name then he refused to pay for it!!

8) Studio - £330+ - unknown debt as explained!!

9) Barclays bank - £ ++ - using my overdraft

Also i am unemployed (since last yr) due to redundancy!!! run of really bad luck or what??? So far i have managed to bull**** these people & have sent letters bk to them etc, but this is really getting me down, had near on a year of it!! :jaw:

I know i sound thick but what is comms??? LOL!

the debts -

Northern rock took mortgage out 2007

Credit union - 2008

Additions & dorothy P card - had both account for years, debts i couldnt pay started late 09 - to date

british gas - account opened 2007 - i closed it but still want what they have called outstanding arrears even though i had moved & removed my name!

02 - started account 2008

studio -started account 2008

barclays - overdraft not a debt as yet unless declare myself bankrupt!

abbey - he had the account & my name was added 2008

LOL, it's ok!

had letters from all, threats of court action/bailiffs - some have been referred to debt collectors, moorcroft / westcote / cap quest so far, had a letter off british gas via a solicitors or so it said, but i went on line & found out that it was bull****, other people had had letters (sorry cant remember name) & wasnt even a registered solicitors!! thank god for the internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

OK First piece of supplemental advice:

1. Dont' Worry.

2. Dont' Worry.

3. Have a good Christmas

4. I advise never to talk to any of this lot on the telephone, get yourself a nice multi pocket file and start adding and making a 'paper trail' for each debt.

5. No further talk of BR, not in the frame for you.

6. Take each one a step at a time, it might be useful if you were to open a seperate thread for each one once we get going, many of us (me especially) are easily confused LOL. Most of us have learned loads through this site and with personal experience, so we do not deal in self blame or bad feelings about ourselves, all in the same boat, me, I am swimming towards the lifeboat2091.gif

LOL, ok, here goes...........

1) Northern Rock - house has been sold but still have £67,105.38 outstanding (me & ex co-owned) .....What was the purchase price. sell Value and shortfall?

2) Credit Union - £5,000+ pearsonal loan?......When did you last pay any monies, any sols or dca's chasing

3) Additions Catalogue - £2,500 +......mmm Argos was this on int free? ans same as no 2.

4) British Gas - £600+ - i settled this account when i left rung & spoke to them yet still chasing!!....Do you have reciepts ? who is chasing?

5) Abbey - £1,400+ - overdraft - joint account - asked for my name to be removed but they sent me paperwork he had to fill in too & he (the ex)refused!! ...Ah the x, all is not lost, joint acc? youre arguing over who had what? more info please...

6) Dorothy Perkins store card - £900+ -.... ..Ans same as no 2

7) 02 phone - £600+ - stupidly got ex a phone in my name then he refused to pay for it!!..At least dick turpin wore a mask Ha Ha. when were your last comms?

8) Studio - £330+ - unknown debt as explained!!....Are you sure, C,mon spill the beans ? last comms?

9) Barclays bank - £ ++ - using my overdraft...Ouch, well how much then? how far you into OD?

Also i am unemployed (since last yr) due to redundancy!!! run of really bad luck or what??? So far i have managed to bull**** these people & have sent letters bk to them etc, but this is really getting me down, had near on a year of it!! :jaw:

OK Nic, answer my questions alongside your info do it by numbers 1, 2 etc. we have established that you have had a bit of a beating financially but your in safe hands now and we will all help you, now dont you feel better than your comments in last para in post 3.

Mr

Well at the moment i think i've got most off my back......i've steamed letters open, resealed them (secret service or what?) & sent back "not known at this address" & because i'm not elec roll or on any bills where i now live so far so good they seem to have swallowed it! but this studio even though it's a small debt dont wanna give up, had several letters from them all of which i've sent back, best laugh is i know it's not down to me as explained earlier & only way they could have got this address is from my ex!

i think the thing i dread most is someone from a debt collection turning up on the doorstep as because of my prediciment i've had to move back to my parents house & they would go stupid big time if that happened!! :mad2:

Do u know if they have any rights regarding entering someone elses house? as this is my parents house would they be able to turn up & try and enter? I dont own anything anyway apart from clothes (non of any serious value!)

Cheers vic :) x

Nic

Cheers vic

They 'normally' write and let you know they are thinking of visiting, so, you could sent the letter from our templates, adjusted as if to come from 'the occupier' rather than you personally:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/590-letter-used-when-a-dca-threatens-a-doorstep-visit-

Nic

We need the answers to the questiones I have asked, forget your ex too, dont tell him your getting advice from here either. give us the answers to questions in ( RED ) and as Harrassed Senior says, you will start new thread for each problem, c, mon girl get on with it.

Nobody whatsoever has any right to visit where you reside at the momment, but that does not stop them trying to or threatning to do so,

Get typing please and advise will flow.

Mr

have £67,105.38 outstanding (me & ex co-owned) .....What was the purchase price. sell Value and shortfall?

WE BROUGHT THE HOUSE FOR £145,000 THEY SOLD THE HOUSE FOR 98,000! SHORTFAL IS £67,105.38

2) Credit Union - £5,000+ pearsonal loan?......When did you last pay any monies, any sols or dca's chasing

HAD INSURANCE ON THIS LOAN SO WAS BEING PAID BY INSURANCE COMPANY UPTO SEPT, NOT HAD ANY CORRESPONDANCE AS YET!

3) Additions Catalogue - £2,500 +......mmm Argos was this on int free? ans same as no 2.

NO NOT INT FREE, IT WAS FOR VARIOUS HOUSEHOLD ITEMS/CLOTHES ELECTRICALS, HAD LETTERS THREATENING BALIFFS, LAST MADE A PAYMENT

SEPTEMBER 09

4) British Gas - £600+ - i settled this account when i left rung & spoke to them yet still chasing!!....Do you have reciepts ? who is chasing?

THEY SENT LETTERS TO ME DEMANDING PAYMENT NEARLY A YEAR AFTER I HAD LEFT THE HOUSE, EVEN SENT ME A PHONY SOLICITORS LETTER! NO RECIEPTS!

5) Abbey- £1,400+ - overdraft - joint account - asked for my name to be removed but they sent me paperwork he had to fill in too & he (the ex)refused!! ...Ah the x, all is not lost, joint acc? youre arguing over who had what? more info please...

WHEN WE SPLIT I WANTED MY NAME OFF EVERYTHING WHERE HE WAS CONCERNED, THE DEBT 1,400 IS OVERDRAFT+INTREST THEY ARE TRYING TO CHARGE, NOT HAD ANY LETTERS TO THIS ADDRESS, HE HAD HAD AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM, BUT I KNOW HE HAS CLOSED IT, THERE WAS A LETTER TO OUR OLD HOUSE WANTING THE ABOVE MONEY, SO NOT HAD A LETTER TO THIS ADDRESS, THANKFULLY

6) Dorothy Perkins store card - £900+ -.... ..Ans same as no 2

HAD THREAT LETTERS FROM THESE (OWNED BY SANTANDER AS IS ABBEY SO THEY'VE NOT CONNECTED MY NAME & ADDRESS AS YET! )

SPOKE TO THEM ONCE & THAT WAS A NIGHTMARE REALLY OFF HAND & SNOOTY! LAST PAYMENT SEPT 09

7) 02 phone - £600+ - stupidly got ex a phone in my name then he refused to pay for it!!..At least dick turpin wore a mask Ha Ha. when were your last comms?

LAST YEAR SEPT 09, SAME AS MOST, SENT LETTERS ETC.

8-) Studio - £330+ - unknown debt as explained!!....Are you sure, C,mon spill the beans ? last comms?

I KNOW IT SOUNDS LIKE BULL, lol BUT SERIOUSLY NOT MY DEBT, REALLY DO THINK IT'S MY EX TRYIN TO STITCH ME UP! HAD LETTER 3 WK AGO SENT BK AND HAD A POSTCARD TYPE THING FRIDAY, LAST PAYMENT WAS SPT 09 FOR STUFF I HAD HAD!

9) Barclays - £ ++ - using my overdraft...Ouch, well how much then? how far you into OD?

I HAVE £1,000 O/D USED ABOUT 550! :(

Hi nic

please, pretty please, stop worrying.

They can't enter, they have no rights.

I had a visit on Oct 16 from Resolvecall, Mercers, Bcard and told the guy to Foxtrot Oscar or I would call the police. Door-steppers are also poor souls on commission only and for £60 they'd get about 6p.

Calm down and listen to Mr W. We've all been there and you are in safe hands.

love

vic

Hi Nic

Thanks for the answers, I have to go out tonight so cant assist till tommorow, however others might, but its looking good for you, considering you were not even gonna deal with them as post 3 !

Well done for posting up, speak soon.

Mr

Hi nic

My initial thoughts are (but please wait for others' comments as well):

1. Prepare your own I&E sheet for your own benefit being as honest and realistic as you can - don't underestimate expenditure and include every thing. Phone Nationaldebtline who will go through this with you. You could also try your local CAB for face to face advice (but the service they offer varies). Both are independent charities and free. I assume that you have some income but no assets?

2. Make sure you open your post and reply to any real threats of court action - post them up here. Similarly try to get mail forwarded from previous address if possible so they don't get a CCJ against an old address. You can check your creditfile on-line. You can check to see if any CCJs have been issued.

3. Open a new parachute basic bank account just in case.

4. Where you are being written to at your current address for debts that are nothing to do with you - send a prove it/bemused letter.

5. the rest need dealing with one by one or we'll get confused. Start a new thread for each and post as much detail as you can. get some files and store all paperwork including envelopes. Don't talk on the phone.

This is a start and should keep you busy. Other, much more knowledgeable guys, including Mr W, wil help I'm sure.

love

vic

Hi Nic

Well Vic must have read my mind because I was thinking along the same lines, however with a lot more detail but that will only confuse you more than you are.

1 Mortgage shortfall, start new thread in appropiate section within forum and ell-enn amongst others will sort you out..

2 5k Personal Loan, there are many ways to deal with this , however more info is needed as regards ' state of play ' why have they stopped paying re insurance etc? having this info will stipulate the best choice for response and resolve.

3 Argos, Various ways of dealing with, you can let sleeping dogs, or open can of worms, your choice either way it can be dealt with if you want to.

4 Gas, Simple, write to them explaining situation etc, await their reply and keep us informed.

5 Ah overdraft, that is messy ( had same prob myself ) You need to contact them in writing advising that you want to resolve this matter since the breakdown of your relationship etc, ask for a copy of statement, there will be charges on their ten fold, once we / you have the info get it posted and we will assist.

6 OK you need to know details re your account, transactions etc, charges, same again you need to make contact or ignore, your choice

7 Blumen Heck, I done that once for a mate (£1100.00 ) quid bill. same again contact then action ( various )

8 Simple letter explaining ( wtf ) you on about? however choose your wording. then action ( Varied )

9 Overdraft, ok nic you know the pitfalls here with od, be carefull, thats all I can say with this one, and I understand why you use it.

So Nic there you go, and I hope your feeling better for all the advise you have recieved on this forum within your thread.

Remember to get in control of this situation you need to decide to run and hide or expose yourself to creditors and afford them the knowledge that you want to resolve issues and you can do that within the guidelines of the law. they may not like it but that is tuff tittie, the law in most if not all will be on your side.

So Nic you need to decide for yourself, New year Hiding or New year resolving, at times it will not be easy, at times you may think Oh sxxt why did I listen? but believe me and the rest of the caggers IT GETS BETTER. as we all help to guide you through your predicament.

Hope this help,

Mr,

Hi guys, i recieved another letter from studio this morning basic jist of their letter is......

DEBT COLLECTION & SECURITY - ADDRESS IS DEPT.S PO BOX 13 ACCRINGTON BB5 5GR

"on behalf of studio we are instructed to advise that you are in breach of payment terms"

"issue of a notice of default for the outstanding balance......then goes on to say that if i start making payments they will withold taking any action....do you think that this would be a good time to now write to them? & tell them i want info re; address stuff has been sent to / where staements have been going to etc?? this is the debt i def havent run up & havent recieved any statements for till a few months back (the account was at old address as per older posts)

Also recieve a letter from a company called lowells regarding debt for additions, was supposedly sold to them in june??? taken them 6 months to write??? saying they want payment etc! anyone else dealt with these people?? letter quite abrupt/rude!

Debt collection and secrurity is just stupido card in house collection muppets.

Yes write to them as I advised before asking or a full breakdown of what these goods are and the address they were delivered too.

Head the letter "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or your client"

As for The Leeds Losers (Lowells) I would send them a CCA request, more than likely there is nothing enforceable

again head the letter "I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or your client" I don't suppose you ever recieved a notice of assignment to say it had been sold

Do not sign either letter just print your name.

But more inportantly DO NOT under any curcumstances enter in to any telephone conversations with either company. If they ring you refuse to answer their security questions and tell them in writing only and put the phone down.

Just enjoy your xmas and new year and stop worrying about the like of these 2 outfits, they are totally powerless and talk through their aristotle about what they wiil/can/might and may do.

Seen both of these companies off in the past, they are full of s@@t.

Hi Nic,

So sorry - I seem to have somehow totally missed this thread till now. You've had some good advice. Have you opened that parachute account yet? When you do, make sure it's not with a bank connected with your current one.

All seems to be slotting slowly into place. I admire you for facing up to the situation. It takes guts, but you feel a lot better once you have, even if everything is not plain sailing. We will all do our very best on here to help you, so relax, have a peaceful Christmas and we'll sort you properly afterwards!

Just a quick thought - do you have a friend or someone who's address you could use and be honest with about your situation. This would stop the parent problem then.