Euro car parks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a parking ticket from Euro car parks. I ignored the ticket as I had read that on private land they cannot legally claim money from me. I have received a threatening letter demanding almost £100 from a credit control agency used by Euro car parks. Should I go on ignoring or write a letter back?

Do worry about what has not happened.

They are very unlikely to commence legal proceedings, because they know they will lose.

They will send you half a dozen or so threatening letters then leave you alone. It is just intimidation and unfortunately most people succumb to it.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

• 3 weeks later...
Euro have publicly announced in the Sunday Times that they have never taken anyone to court and never will.

I wonder if that spokesman is still in a job?

I have received another letter from control account plc threatening legal action now unless I pay the £99.38, not sure if I need to get legal advice on this?

Euro Car Parks and their associates (their Debt Collects and Solicitors) can be safely ignored. They infest several of my local car parks and will issue their waste paper invoices for breaking numerous silly little rules they have invented just to ensnare people

Their threats are meaningless and rely on the victim not knowing he is being sca..mmed

Do not contact them and you will get away with a minimum of junk mail.

If in doubt read through the various threads on this forum

Hi am new here and just want some advice, recieved a parking charge notice from euro car parks for £70 to be paid withing 7days then it goes up to £90, this was issued because my car was parked on morrisons car park 92mins over the 180min free parking permissable, (i did use morrisons) i just think that this amount is extortinate and dont think i should pay, how do i stand legally, thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

sue

Edited by susieborder
wording wrong

Legally, it's an unenforceable contractual penalty and you don't owe them anything.

Realistically, it's a threatening junkmail scheme. Just ignore their letters and they will give up after 4 or 5. Expect some rubbish from Euro and then Control Account.

Ignore the lot and get on with your life.

Hi am new here and just want some advice, recieved a parking charge notice from euro car parks for £70 to be paid withing 7days then it goes up to £90, this was issued because my car was parked on morrisons car park 92mins over the 180min free parking permissable, i just think that this amount is extortinate and dont think i should pay, how do i stand legally, thanks for any help/advice you can give me.

sue

May I suggest you amend you post to read "My car was parked on Morrison's car-park 92mins over the 180 mins free parking permissible". That way you are not identifying the driver.

Edited by DBC

If you read all the posts above yours, you will see that the constant and repeated advice is to ignore all communication with them. Your case is no different,, just ignore.

Here is Euro's letter-chain of what you can expect:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2214803

.jpg"]

Edited by Michael Browne
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the site so thanks in advance for any help. I have been reading up on the "euro car parks" [problem] as I have received 2 tickets from the company. I have managed to ignore the corespondence so far and I think I am now down to my final letters from Control Account, which suggest the threat of legal action.

I am slightly worried due to the expense of the "tickets" but would be willing to ignore these. The reason I am worried however is that the tickets were issued for parking in this park for 2 episodes in just over a week and I parked in the park for well over the allocated time (due to genuine error on both parts). I therefore don't know if Control Account would be more willing to take this to court because of the 2 tickets and amount of time that I was over?

I am getting a bit of the fear which im sure that control account aim to provide and any advice or reassurance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Euro have gone on record ( in the Sunday Times) saying that they never take anyone to court because they know they won't win. So you can relax and just keep ignoring them.

Thanks for your quick response DBC, I'll keep on ignoring them!

• 5 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.