Working Holiday Visa (Australia) and UK debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3793 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I'm 25 years old and have just recently been granted a Working Holiday Visa and have a few debts with a number of creditors (not council tax or anything you can to to prison for) which equates to about £8000 in total. I have 2 cars, one which has finance on and one which is paid up.... I plan on selling both cars and every other aspect of my life in the UK in order to settle any debts I have but there will be a short fall.... My question is, when i get out to Australia can these creditors still chase me for payment? can't afford to live out these debts.

Any help, guidance or advice is very very very much appreciated!!!

Cheers

S

Yes, if I were you do not mention you are going abroad at all to your creditors, try offering a full and final of about 1/2 the debt to start with once you have sold your cars and see what they say. If any get funny just say you are going to have to go into a self-administered debt management plan and they will get a token payment.... then forget about the stroppy ones.

If they get CCJs on you when you are in Australia you can easily have them removed when you come back to the UK.

thats brilliant! I have a couple more questions if you dont mind? I don't want my mum and dad dealing with all my crap when i leave whats the best course of action? How do i remove CCJ's should they be applied?

thank you so much for your help!!