Is ths legal.....?Arrow Global Guernsey/Orange

Tingy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A bit of a technical question here. Two parts to it:

1. Received a NOA from Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd this morning. The wording makes it look like an absolute assignment BUT omits the word duties. It is as follows: "Under an assignment agreement dated 21st September 2010, the respective rights, title and interest in the above account (including the right to receive payment of the outstanding balance) was further assigned by Everything Everywhere Ltd to Arrow Global Guernsey Ltd (AGGL).

What type of assignment do you think this is absolute or equitable?

2. It then goes on to say payments must be made to Frederickson International Ltd, Weybridge etc... As Arrow are offshore based in Guernsey, do they have the right to collect on the mainland? Do they have the right to collect through Fredericksons?

Any help much appreciated as always,

Tingy

Orange IS a French company! They have been since Vodafone sold them to France Telecom in 2004 (ish).

Wasn't it Hutchinson Telecom that sold it to them? Or was that at another time!

I worked for Vodafone at the time. I'm sure Orange was their arch-enemy!

I might be mistaken though, I didn't really get too involved with all of this big company madness. ALthough I remember something that perhaps Vodafone took over a firm that owned Orange and had to get rid of the business due to competition reasons?

Quite interesting. I'm pretty clueless!

I think it's likely to be absolute. When I worked there they sold debts after a period of time (6 months I think). This could have changed. I left in 2006.

thanks Seq,

It did appear that way to me, BUT I know they often try to make it look absolute but omit the word "duties" as they have here. Normally an absolute announcement would include the word duties I believe?