Car insurance mid term adjustment extra cost? please help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After taking insurance out with Swinton for the year i unfortunatly had to change my car 4 weeks into the policy which cost an extra £200+ which was agreed on the phone, without sending any receipt or invoice to me, now say i owe an extra £62 more a mid term adjustment fee, which was never mentioned, they are now threatening to cancel my policy, please help!!!!

Hello and Welcome, ecpc13.

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Swinton are one the worst companies to deal with acccording to so many posts to online forums.

When you amended the policy they should have sent you revised documents confirming the additional premiums amount. This should have mirrored what you were told on the phone.

What I would suggest that you do is pay the £62, so the policy is not cancelled and then raise a complaint. If they have made a mistake you will get the £62 back. What you don't want to do is not pay as a matter of priciple and then have loads of hassle as a result when the policy is cancelled. If you want to know how much hassle would follow, read some of the posts to forums where people have had months of hell with debt collectors chasing. This is the address to send a written complaint.

Swinton Customer Assistance Team:

• Swinton, Swinton House, 6 Great Marlborough Street, Manchester M1 5SW.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks might have to do that, just feel iv'e been ripped off this extra charge isn't an admin fee as that was already included and i'd agreed that, as the total figure came to £220.18. i don't pay monthly and if i knew there was another charge it would have been included in this amount, so how can they suddenly add another £63.

I sell CCTV ,i can't get my customers to buy something, have it installed then charge them £60 extra, if they don't pay it, rip it off the walls. So how can they get away with it????

Sorted it!! for anyone else who has a similar issue.

Still had no answer from the local branch

I rang the customer care helpline 0845 1683770 they rang the local branch, got an intresting reply, it seems that Aviva who they put me through wanted to charge them some more, they decided to pass that charge onto me!! as i refused they gave me 7 days to pay or they would cancel the policy.

Swinton customer care said this was wrong of them and that they would waiver the charge.

Thanks Swinton Grantham branch for wasting my time and trying to get money out of me when you made the mistake.

I will never use there branch again (GRANTHAM) and shall be making sure that other people don't either.

Hope this helps anyone else getting bullied into paying extra for something they have already agreed and paid for!!

• 6 months later...

Hi

Welcome to The Consumer Action Group.

I am just letting you know that as you haven't had any replies to your post yet, it might be better if you post your message again in an appropriate sub-forum. You will get lots of help there.

Also take some time to read around the forum and get used to the layout. It is a big forum and takes a lot of getting used to.

Once you start to find your way, you will soon realise that it is fairly easy to get round and to get the help you need.

It can be bit confusing at first.

Please be advised that my time will be limited for the next few weeks.Thanks for your understanding.