style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, just seeking a bit of advice. My son wrote to Halifax requesting they refund charges made to 2 accounts (one closed) and 1 loan account. Total amount claimed £550. They replied with an offer of £113 as full and final settlement with a form he has to sign. How should he reply to this letter? And should he sign their form?

I have been reading the Faq's section and it looks like he should now send the LBA letter - is that the correct proceedure?

Jackie.

Look in the banks template lib for the partial settlement letter. Only send LBA if 14 days have expired from your prelim letter. This was my response.

Response to settlement offer.

Dear xxxx

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxxxxxx

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account between xxxxxx-xxxxx, totaling £xxxx

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

My letter before action sent previously indicates that you have until xxxxxx

to respond before Court action commences. You are reminded that there will be no extension to this timescale.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

xxxxxx