PCN charge in Sheffield by Vehicle Control services - what do I do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've just received a PCN from Vehile Control Services in Sheffield. I've been parking in an old Topps Tiles car park (closed down for a number of years) and there were no signs saying that you could not park there. I came back to my car last night and found this PCN note, I then looked for the signs (which took me ages to find!) and they were positioned 8 foot up a white pole. I did not notice them when I parked up, obviously because I'm not that tall!! I feel that they placed them here so that they would be missed allowing them to issue the PCN.

Where do I stand with this PCN, do I pay it or do I fight it and are they a genuine company? If I fight it which template do I use as they have only given me 7 days to pay £80 which goes up another £40 after 7 days?

Might I also add that ALL the cars parked there received these PCN's (approx 25 cars), except a removal van(?!).

Many thanks, Artwork_750

Neither fight it nor pay it. Just ignore them.

It is not a PCN, you cannot appeal it, and they cannot make you pay it.

They will send you a succession of letters warning of dire consequences, then one day they will give up. Just ignore - and read around the forum for many similar cases.

^^ What he said. There's no fight, just ignore. It doesn't matter whether they're a 'genuine' company or not. As you said Topps have been closed for years and this will just be the landlord and VCS trying to make a few quid on vacant land. I would have thought a fiver a day for all day parking with repeat business would be a better business plan but there you go. One hit of 25 x £80 and no repeat business must be more tempting...

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

An update...I receieved my 1st 'official letter' warning of further action if I did not pay the'fine', which has now gone up to about £120:whoo:...I put it in the draw & 'filed it'...I must say, they could at least try to make it look professional..the ink was smudged & running out on the reverse side. I must admit, I smiled to myself when I got it, as I thought they'd forgotten about me! It just saddens me that some people do not know about sites like this & actually pay...:-(

artwork_750

That's good news. By ignoring it, you've cost them the price of a stamp, paper and an envelope, while they've cost you nothing. You're winning already.

Which will soon be increased with a DVLA fee.:lol:

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Hi Guys,

Received yet anothet letter this week....they are now threatening to take me to court & get the baliffs onto me. This is not a fine, but a PCN & yet again they are stating the reason for this is that I was not displaying a 'valid parking ticket/permit'...hold on, it's unused land, so there was no way of getting a said ticket/permit! They are also threatening me with '£30.00 court fee & £50.00 solicitors costs'...well they can sod off, even if I could afford it, they are not getting a penny from me & if they do happen to take it to court (which I doubt it as it not a Police/council ticket), I'll take my chances....8-)

its not a pcn fine its a speculative invoice

they cannot use the word fine on their paperwork

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi

i've only just come across your post with regards parking in Topps Tiles in sheffield!

i have exactly the same problem, i was ticketed on the 14th December and only found it that evening when i came to use my car!

i've had the usual rubbish letters and all that, and i am surprised that i've only come across yourself who have had this problem parking in topps tiles.

anyway, its good to see that there is someone else in the same boat as me! it has taken a few months to persuade my parents to just file the letters and to stop worrying!!

just thought i'd send you a message anyway to a fellow topps tile ex parker! :oops:

Hackabusi...

I think alot of people will have paid the 'fine', or just not come across this site, which is a shame really and I too have had to convince my partner not to worry as what they are doing is illegal. Since my last post I have received a) A letter from a debt collection agency b) a letter from a solicitor...well they can try & take me to court, as I still have all the paperwork and it clearly states 'parking without displaying a valid ticket'....there was no bloody ticket machine anyway!!:lol:

artwork_750.

Yeah, i was thinking the same with other people paying ...

I immediately googled Excel Parking and came across this site, but i'm sure that others would have paid off the fine straight away to save hassle or because they felt they were obliged to pay off the fine and line the pockets of these cowboys

I just think its an utter con that they can do this, and get away with it ... who the hell do you contact to obtain a permit for on abandoned land. Disgusting!

So far, since receiving the ticket, we have received 2 maybe 3 letters from excel parking, 1 from Roxburgh (David White) and another one came last week but I’ve yet to see what it says on it, I think Litigation or something was mentioned

No signs = no contract

Although .......... Signs = No contractThere is no "consideration" there is no financial loss to the land owner/parking bandit. These Parking Charge Notices are penalties. They ARE NOT enforceable under English Law as it stands.The can only charge you for lost revenue, so if you fail to pay a £2 parking fee, for example, then they will ONLY be able to recoup £2If the parking is free, for example in a supermarket carpark, there is no financial loss and therefore NOTHING to be recoupedIt is not worth the paper it's written on.

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action