Ebay hastle

loopinlouie

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought multiple items from seller, items didnt arrive. Seller took ages to sort refund whihc involved them telling the dispute process that they had refunded an ammount they hadnt, in fact they had refunded about two thirds of the owed ammount stating didnt have enough funds to refund.

I kept the dispute process open and to be honest didnt know how to close it if i could as seller was asking me to, anyhow seller after about another two weeks later refunded the rest of the money. During this time due to seller telling ebay they had refunded more than they had and ebay closing the claim themselves I had to ring them on three occasssions and just receiving my bill am shocked I have paid costs well seven quid on this bill and some more to appear next month , but anyhow I didnt get too upset about that even though finances are tight and just thought try not to have to ring them agian.

Anyhow something a bit odd happenes ebay decided I am entitled to refund of portion of previous unrefunded ammount and pay it in my paypal account. I see this an ammount less than thirty pounds and assume they have simply not read the statement on the case properly adn will ask for it back when ready. This ammount if they had dealt with it prior to seller finally refunding wouldnt have been the correct ammount owed anyhow it would have been more, but in anycase due to phone cost and them not reading emails properly I leave it, well knowing ebay will probably ring or email and ask for it back.

Last night the seller emails me saying ebay are asking for an ammount just under fourty pounds adn would like me to pay them via paypal, sends me an invoice even being told this is the ammount she will have to pay ebay. I think hang on even if the money overpaid to me is due to her, which it would be via ebay, then why is she asking me for more money than overpaid by the resolution process.

Another words really a call to ebay is due to say you have paid me such and such, seller is asking for more than that, so sort it out please.

I think what has happened is the seller is asking me to repay their ebay fees on top of the ammount as the money would be about right for that.

I dont trust this seller due to lieing over saying it was sent recorded and giving me a false track and trace code and then telling me when flumoxed as to why code was not working, to be told then by seller not even sent it that way. It cause me a lot of hastle trading emails and I didnt need it, so as much as I can see an error has occured I dont see why I shoud incur more phone bills to sort the error.

This seller is asking for more money than would have come out of her account on resolution process so I t hink is taking the mick. I cancelled the paypal request and told her after she asked me a certain ammount had been refunded by ebay, that the requested ammount was wrong and to take it up with them.

I did consider paying seller the ammount ebay had paid me, but could just see seller getting nasty at me not giving the ammount asked for so think I am right in leaving it to ebay to sort out. They of course are welcome to contact me about it and recall payment or request monies. Ironice really that after this seller making me wait ages formy refund, how prompt was asking for money back, I could understand if asking for correct ammount, but no wants more.

Have decided ebay is not for me anymore. When it goes right, brill, but when a seller decides to ignore till suits them its a pain. Also you then leave fair but in this case a negative and sellers get upset telling you you have trashed their ratings malisciously, when i dont know about you paid over hundred pounds and waited a month for any money back I feel deserves a neg saying how stressful it was getting any monies back.:|

Hi, what I don't understand if the seller has refunded you then he can claim his fees back from ebay as the transaction has been cancelled. Problem is sellers like this give ebay a bad name.

I would leave it for him to sort his differences with ebay and would not have any more correspondence with this seller.

It is a real shame that you are turning your back on ebay. In my experience on buying and selling on ebay I have found more problems with private sellers than business sellers.

JJ