Just had a call from Robinson Way

rebel11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Unforetunately, thats not the case. Thats the wrong assumption to make, everone on the Site Team is learing all the time.

I would wait until they write to you and then ask here for advice.

I would have thought a site team member would know that.

Perhaps you are new at being a member of the 'Site Team' - but it helps if your postings are not ambigous or littered with typos. At no time did I suggest the OP phone the DCA, I explained that he would not know which creditor was pursuing him unless contact was made. Letters or Emails are perfectly acceptable.

As they've phoned, I'm sure I can wait for them to write, as for being a new member of the 'Site Team' quite correct, unfortunately I haven't got the time to exchange

chit chat with you, your clearly upset about something, I can guess what and why, but why waste the time. Nothing wrong with my postings. By the way I'm the OP.

Perhaps you are new at being a member of the 'Site Team' - but it helps if your postings are not ambigous or littered with typos. At no time did I suggest the OP phone the DCA, I explained that he would not know which creditor was pursuing him unless contact was made. Letters or Emails are perfectly acceptable.

I have to say, I always take the view if they can't be bothered to write I can't be bothered to deal with them. I had it recently with a DCA. I didn't know which debt they were chasing and wouldn't tell them who I was. Eventually they wrote a letter - they don't like it as they have to be more careful in writing. Got to be more careful full stop with me now - my trueCall arrived today. Its already blocking calls!

Hi Tingy,

Find all the numbers relevant to that DCA, feed them into the Truecall. 8) There is a list somewhere on this site.

I have to say, I always take the view if they can't be bothered to write I can't be bothered to deal with them. I had it recently with a DCA. I didn't know which debt they were chasing and wouldn't tell them who I was. Eventually they wrote a letter - they don't like it as they have to be more careful in writing. Got to be more careful full stop with me now - my trueCall arrived today. Its already blocking calls!

Are we not meant to await their comms, or should we just return calls to any dca that we are unsure about, fickle question really, but then again I know the answer.

Is member of the site team percieved as having more knowledge than an account holder? or are the site team not allowed to ' learn ' too?

How the heck do you become a 'site team' ?

Mr, Non Site Team

Regards..Mr Worried :)

For what it's worth. My approach to DCA's is if they phone I refuse to say who I am and ask them to write if they think they have any business with me. From that point on I wait until they write. If they don't write I have nothing to say to them. If they do write I ignore their first letter. When they send the second letter I send a Prove It letter. 80-90% of the time this stops them, after that I respond to whatever they do.

If they think I owe them money the least they can do is identify themselves to me and tell me what it's about. It's not for me to go chasing a company I've never heard of.

That's just my view. Some will agree, others won't!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4852 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks