style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4181 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi can someone please help..had bailiff at my door this morning, i did not answer, but she left a notice of intended seizure of your goods, and it says they can tak goods even if im no in..is this right???

I need help on what i should do now..i am a single mum and unsure of what to do..I was thinking of e-mailing the council and tryig to come to some sort of agreement and then let bristow and sutor know

fireman 04

Hi can someone please help..had bailiff at my door this morning, i did not answer, but she left a notice of intended seizure of your goods, and it says they can tak goods even if im no in..is this right???

I need help on what i should do now..i am a single mum and unsure of what to do..I was thinking of e-mailing the council and tryig to come to some sort of agreement and then let bristow and sutor know

fireman 04

Hi and welcome to Cag.

Easier said than done but please stay calm and do not be frightened this is exactly what the Bailiff hopes will happen to make you pay up.

If you can give a little more info it will let caggers see the bigger picture and they can help get you on the right track.

First you must contact your council and find out the following:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - how much each one is for - never take the Bailiffs figure

3 - how much is still outstanding

4 - what period of time they cover

5 - the date the LO was handed to the Bailiffs

when you have that info post back here and caggers will take a look at the figures.

If you browse through similar posts to yours you will see the same advice is given time and time again. Do not let the Bailiff into home your under any circumstances. You do not even have to speak with them and will be breaking no laws by not doing so.

Keep all doors and windows locked, they cannot break in.

Move anything lying around outside your home, inside.

If you have a car move it well away from the house by at least a 10 minute walk.

Sign NOTHING

Do not phone them unless you can record the call, they have selective memories.

the list is endless but you will find other tips and clues to the way they act in other threads so please take the time to read around the forum.

Bailiffs will try to threaten you using all manner of lies including their favourite which is tell you, you will be arrested.

Go and make yourself a cuppa, take a deep breathe and relax, you have found the answer to dealing with this ..you found Cag.

Thanks, i have just e-mailed the council..i am worried though as not told my family and don't want them to know..it said in notice thy will call again early morning or late at night..would they call again in the same day do you think?

They are allowed to call 6 days a week, Sunday is a day off, between 6am & 9pm, they can indeed call more than once in 1 day. The Council will inform they cannot help and you have to deal with the Bailiff, although not true it is the route they choose to go. The bailiff is easily defeated by refusing entry to your home and making sure any goods outside are put under lock & key. He will have you believe he will force entry in your absence, he won't and can't. Until you find out from the Council how much you owe and formulate how much you can afford to pay, why not start paying now using the Council website or automated phone. This proves you are willing to pay.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Firstly rest assured they cannot force entry into your home. If they have given you incorrect statements -ie- they can break in to seize goods, that's great, but I suspect if you read it carefully it won't quite say that.

If you can afford to pay something, start paying a weekly amount (one that is affordable and sustainable for you) directly to the council via its online payment facilities. Do not pay the bailiffs a penny.

As already stated do not let the bailiffs in under any circumstances. Don't open the door - they have the right to walk in if the door is unlocked so lock it. Similarly they can climb in through a window so shut them. IF you have to talk to them do it through the letterbox or from an upstairs window and if at all possible get it videoed or tape recorded - they frequently lie to scare you.

This is likely to stay this way till post Christmas - do not miss any payments! I've just dealt with an identical situation and it took a good few months, but now the debt is back with the council and the bailiffs have not received one penny.

Don't worry about threats. By all means post up for reassurance, but there really is nothing they can do unless you decide to let them into your house. If you have cars parked outside, park them 10 minutes walk away so they can't levy on those. Keep a detailed log of everything and don't give in to threats - they are just that.

If you want reassurance, I can ask the woman I've just helped if I can give you her e-mail address. She will tell you it from your side of the fence, but will also tell you our advice is sound.