DVLA : Inter-credit - vehicle unlicensed for 3 months a year ago but is licensed now. Can I avoid paying?

mdbike
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Two years ago I moved house and the only company I forgot to notify is the DVLA regarding my bike. Dec 2009 my tax disk expired. My bike was sitting in the garage for the winter. As I lived at another address I didn't get the renewal notice and once I realized my tax disk expired (3months late) I notified dvla of my new address then renewed my tax disk. Now close to a year later I have just recieved 3 letters from Inter-Credit International Ltd. The first letter said to contact them and they would disclose what the letter is about. I ignored and finally they send one with more info saying they want £80 for my bike being unlicensed a year ago otherwise they will take legal action through County Court. I called the dvla and they wouldn't give me any answers.

Is there a way of getting out of paying this?

Late or failed to declare SORN? I guess the fine is for failing to declare SORN

There is no offence of 'failing to declare SORN' nor is it a 'Fine'. As the OP's letter mentions County Court, it will be the Late Licensing Penalty for late renewal of the licence, which is treated as a civil debt.