Rates/Council Tax - advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i have lived at my address since the end of 2006 - i have never recieved a rates bill and to be honest didn't even think a thing about it - my first house etc.. Our housing development had been well established and my house was an addition and probably was not on the system. I recieved a crd through the door today from my local rates office requesting to speak with me regarding my rates. I am now panicking that they will try to make me pay from 2006 despite never having recieved a bill. What are my rights? I live in Northern Ireland - equivalent to council tax mainland.

Many thanks

The good thing is they want to talk to you, they could just have gone to Court. Have you talked to others locally to see if they have had the same. Have you checked to see if your property is listed, try going to this site for more info

http://www.nidirect.gov.uk/index/information-and-services/property-and-housing/rates.htm*%20rates

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]