One up on local - resd there reply notts county council - Manager is a dictator

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4876 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, i live in the notts area. And been getting a few parking tickets!

The first 5 mins over the allowed pay and display time, I wrote letters of appeal etc, as £50 for 5 mins is a bit OTT. but never got a repy! until a baliff knocked on the door, !i asked him to give some ID and proof of his purpose, but he refused, so i asked him to leave - but refused, just blocked the drive and stated he was waiting for the recovery truck to remove my car! I called the police and they sent him packing -will be making a formal complaint to his governing body and his DCA governing body, but will be ignored like all else!

the 2nd while parked on double yellows, loading. again the letters of appeal was ignored, this time i got a court letter, sent them a appeal/reply the court said i was in the right. The council went to tribunial. Did not get the chance to comment, the tribunial just cancelled the ticket, out right victory.

Since I have recieved two tickets while i have had a paid and vailid ticket dispalyed, this is council corruption and bullying, so i complaint to the traffic manager, and i would guess from his reply he has apporve the tageting of my vehicle, and problery gives bonuses to any officer who can put a ticket on it, rehardless of the fact it has a valid ticket on it. What should one do, sell the car!

See attached his letter

"Don't give in to astonishment", which is exactly what you want to do. You want to go nuts with how crazy this is! :-)

If you are alleging that the local authority is issuing your vehicle with PCNs when you are not parked in contravention, then you need to both appeal them through the normal routes, and also complain to the local government ombudsman.

It would be helpful if you can post up more details here to do with the PCNs issued for no good reason.

So far as images are concerned, best thing to do is go to photobucket.com, and load them up there. Each image will have its own page with a web address, and if you post the address here, people will be able to click and see your scan.

Yes two tickets, after my compliant, while - the vehicle was inside a parking bay, had a current and valid pay and display ticket.

I have requested an appeal for both,

The first one they have cancelled, but have not informed me! The area manager has informed me, this is the letter im tring to upload.

The second is ongoing, but they have only been able to supply a photo from a distance from the rear. and no photo with the fine/ticket attached to the car!

Thanks for the reply

"Don't give in to astonishment", which is exactly what you want to do. You want to go nuts with how crazy this is! :-)

I will complain once more the area manager, and if no satisfatory reply is received, i will compliant to the local government Ombudsman, How long should i give before I forward to the Ombudsman, most seem to return if 8 weeks have not passed, but some reject if 8 or more weeks have passed!

Before you do anything, you should find out why the outstanding PCN was issued. You could ring the council and ask verbally, or email them and request copies of photos (don't put your home address on the email) and post them up so we can see them.

Then, you need to write a suitable appeal letter and you can get help here. You may find that there is a reason why the PCN was issued, but which you aren't aware of at the moment. In any case, you'll need to gather more info before you complain.

4 Pages of the reply see link, please let me know if viewable?

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc452/f-in-here/?action=view&current=page1ed.jpg

Edited by f.in.debt

Yes i have gathered more info, I have the photos, there reason is no ticket was displayed. But a ticket was displayed in the window!

http://s1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc452/f-in-here/ticket/

Above link to the notice to owner with the photo, there is only one photo of the back of the vehicle and is black and white and poor quality!

They will have several, and they will have photos for all the PCNs. This is what I mean - you need to get copies. At the moment you don't have any photos which will show whether or not there was a p&d ticket on display. The council will have them.

If the photos support what you say, your complaint will be taken up.

There was a valid ticket, I put it there, it was there when i returned to the vehicle! Theres no question of there not being a valid ticket. Or being out of time!

As stated earlier, this is about harrasment from prevoius tickets which have been canceled by the courts. And being targeted by staff working under the council name. As the first other ticket given while a valid ticket was being displayed was canceled. This ticket will in time be canceled as a ticket was shown!! but what will happen every time my car is seen a ticket will be issued, is basicly what is happening!

So a final complaint has been sent to the head of nottinghamshire council traffic, is this fails to work a full complaint will be sent to local government Ombudsman.

There was a valid ticket, I put it there, it was there when i returned to the vehicle! Theres no question of there not being a valid ticket. Or being out of time!

As stated earlier, this is about harrasment from prevoius tickets which have been canceled by the courts. And being targeted by staff working under the council name. As the first other ticket given while a valid ticket was being displayed was canceled. This ticket will in time be canceled as a ticket was shown!! but what will happen every time my car is seen a ticket will be issued, is basicly what is happening!

So a final complaint has been sent to the head of nottinghamshire council traffic, is this fails to work a full complaint will be sent to local government Ombudsman.

What Court cancelled your PCNs I never realised PCNs went to Court? Nottinghampshire is a large place with thousands of cars I very much doubt the staff have got better things to do than spend all day looking for your car!

Let's be clear about this.

There was a valid ticket, I put it there, it was there when i returned to the vehicle!

Get a photo then, showing it was there. You will win your case.

Theres no question of there not being a valid ticket. Or being out of time!

Yes there is. The Council say there was no ticket, so the issue is very much in question. You need to prove your case with a photo, and I keep saying.

As stated earlier, this is about harrasment from prevoius tickets which have been canceled by the courts. And being targeted by staff working under the council name.

I don't know what courts you are refering to. Courts do not cancel PCNs.

As the first other ticket given while a valid ticket was being displayed was canceled. This ticket will in time be canceled as a ticket was shown!! but what will happen every time my car is seen a ticket will be issued, is basicly what is happening!

It does not follow that because one was cancelled another will be. In any case, if a PCN was issued while a valid p&d ticket was on display it should have been voided. What paperwork do you have in relation to this?

If you make a complaint to the ombudsman without presenting some evidence, he won't uphold it.

There is no point in my keep on saying the same thing over and over, so I will leave this now. It's up to you what you decide to do.

On this, I retianed the ticket and sent a copy recorded delivery with my appeal to the council parking department! But have not recieved a reply, just another letter "notice to owner" making a demand, and no reply to my appeal.

Northhampton county court diddnt cancel, but reject the claim. the council then took to TPT traffic parking tribunal who canceled the ticket.

As far as evidence, I have retained all tickets on display, all appeals and complaint have been sent recorded delivery, but todate over 8 appeals have not recieved a reply! the only reply i have recieved is from the court, TPT and from the department manager about may complaint(linked earlier)-stating no wrong doing by the council, as you would expect.

On this, I retianed the ticket and sent a copy recorded delivery with my appeal to the council parking department! But have not recieved a reply, just another letter "notice to owner" making a demand, and no reply to my appeal.

Northhampton county court diddnt cancel, but reject the claim. the council then took to TPT traffic parking tribunal who canceled the ticket.

You are still not making sense why would Northampton CC refuse to register the PCN its an automatic procedure?? The Council does not take a PCN to TPT the appeals process is for the owner not the Council?

Well the council applied to Northhampton and they rejected, then the council applied to the TPT and they said dont pay it proceedual errors - there fore end of.

This is what happened. with the second ticket.

Then I got 2 more while a valid ticket was didpalyed! sore lossers

so i guess if the TPT is for the public and not the council, must be wrong. A tribuial would have to be for both sides! or it would not be a fair proceedure. Any how notts council applied to TPT and i got a reply saying dont pay. This is fact

so i guess if the TPT is for the public and not the council, must be wrong. A tribuial would have to be for both sides! or it would not be a fair proceedure. Any how notts council applied to TPT and i got a reply saying dont pay. This is fact

I think it more likely fiction you obviously have a total lack of understanding of the enforcement process and as for blaming the Council for not responding when you failed to give them an address to appeal to is ridiculous. A Council issues PCNs and the public either pay them or appeal to an adudicator (TPT) why would the Council give you a PCN and then appeal against it on your behalf, lol?

You keep stating you had a valid ticket, you may well have the contravention is not displaying a valid ticket. Have you or the council got a photo of the displayed ticket?

Reading the letter you posted it states that the PCN which was cancelled was because you produced a valid ticket. However they claim the contravention still occurred, but they allowed the appeal.

Reading the letter the writer refers to quotes you have made regarding private parking companies. Did you deal with this situation at the beginning with the same approach as is recommended with private parking companies?

WellI guess GnM not upto date with the proceedure, or nott county council have made new rules for me. Did you read the letter? ou havemissed about 3 proceedule steps is you assumptions

WellI guess GnM not upto date with the proceedure, or nott county council have made new rules for me. Did you read the letter? ou havemissed about 3 proceedule steps is you assumptions

The letter states you took the PCN to TPT which is correct a Council cannot appeal a PCN why would they? The only time a PCN can be taken to TPT is to appeal a verdict that has already been made after the keeper has used TPT , which is not the case here.

Again GnM missing the point so i will put in steps, and Im not too fussed or confused about what happened! and read the title the writer of the letter also missed the point.

On the ticket where the TPT was involved,

1 I get a ticket on my car

2 I write a letter of appeal recorded delivery- the letter was ignored

3 I receive a NOTICE TO OWNER, again i appeal recorded delivery

4 I receive a final demand, agian i appeal recorded delivery.

5 I receive a letter fron northampton county court, I defend/appeal my case

6 The case is heard and I win!

7 The council write to me to notify me that they are appling to the TPT to over turn the county court decision!

8 The TPT write to me stating the tribunal resolution DO NOT PAY, ticket is canceled.

Is that clearer,

Since I have recieved two ticket while a valid pay and display ticket was on display! This is fact, and That harrasement

it does sound like you are being picked on

what were the dates for

6 The case is heard and I win!

7 The council write to me to notify me that they are appling to the TPT to over turn the county court decision!

8 The TPT write to me stating the tribunal resolution DO NOT PAY, ticket is canceled.

and what did the council say exactly in 7 ?