Red Debt Collection (Lowell Portfolio)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3840 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks just had a disagreement with everyones 'favourite' debt collectors. Red DCS.

No issues with the debt etc and I have added it onto my DMP with CCCS but when I called them today, the woman said she had just done a Credit Search on me so she could see my outgoings etc.

Am I wrong in thinking that they have to get your permission to do a Credit Search? If so .... I didnt give them permission. I thought that was the whole reason when you apply for credit you have to get read a 'credit script'.

All it will tell them on your CRF is what other, if any, credit you have with other companies, I do agree however that this approach by some very disreputable companies who purport to be in a position to be able to carry out unauthorised searches of peoples personal credit files, needs to be tightened right up!

You should make a formal complaint to the CRA's about allowing a company access to your files without your express permission, and you fully intend informing the ICO of this breach of peoples information.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Red do like collecting on stat barred debts !!

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html