Shockingly bad service from PC World/Techguys Whatever Happens plan

Portia 62
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very VERY worried to see so many negative stories about PC World/TechGuys posted here ...

I was hoping that my experience, although tedious and time-consuming, was a one-off, and all would be sorted out eventually ... now I'm not so sure ...

In a nutshell ... TechGuys have had my laptop in for repair for weeks, despite their contractual promise to return it within 10-14 days ... the repair has been done (allegedly) and the laptop is ready for despatch ... somebody phones to arrange delivery ... and it doesn't arrive ... I phone and am told the delivery has been cancelled, although nobody can tell me why .. (and nobody bothered to tell me, the customer, while I was sitting at home waiting for it) .. I am promised a call from "the depot" with a rescheduled delivery time, which, needless to say, never happens ... I phone again (listen to the dreadful "musak" for what seems like hours again!) and am told the same thing .... AGAIN!!!

They will NOT give me a direct number for this "depot" so I can't phone them myself ... I simply have to wait for the call that never comes .. or phone the general number again .. to be told the same thing and go through the whole pointless exercise again ....

I asked for the name of somebody in authority in Customer Service, but my email to him (they wouldn't give me his number, of course) was intercepted by an automated response asking for my contact numbers .. although these were provided in the original email!

In short ... I've reached a dead end. Even if I was to sue, I'm not sure where or to whom I'd send it.

Any suggestions, please??

Thanks!

we have them onboard here

try a pm to this member:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?246892-chris-t-2k7

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

At the moment there is a huge delay on laptops getting dispatched due to previous weather conditions and now a back log at the work shop and hubs.

I know this will not help your situation but will give you a clearer answer to why its taking longer then usual, but its currently out of our control.

I can check if your job is completed if you wish though.

Chris

Tech Guys

Can I just remind users that it is not a good idea to give out personal details either on open forum or via private message.

We have some members who work for companies who have asked and been approved to give advice. Their names will appear in greeen

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Portia62,

Your experience is not a one-off, unfortunately. I've been waging what feels like a war with the TechGuys for over a year now. In January 2008, I bought an Advent laptop (which, you might say, was my real mistake, Advent being PCW's instore brand) and a 'whatever happens' plan. About nine months in, it started turning itself off randomly and refusing to start up again, making a little pop sound (which people who know more about laptops than I have said is an indication of a hardware fault) as it died. This problem was sporadic - it would be fine for two, three months and then die all of a sudden. Because it worked more often than it didn't and I was moving across the country and generally keeping occupied with the business of living, I didn't send it off for repair immediately. Around April/May 2009, the problem became much worse and it refused to turn on at all. So I took it into the PC World store in Kensington, where they have a huge TechGuys counter, thinking, as one would, that this would be the sensible thing to do. They told me my cover policy didn't include repairs and proceeded to take it off me and "fix" it, charging me just under 80 quid.

When I collected it, I was told it had been completely rebooted, wiped clean and set up again. This was a lie -- within minutes of starting it up, it was clear that all they had done was reinstall Windows. But at least the bloody thing was working and I needed it very much at the time because I was freelancing from home -- so I held on to it. By March/April this year, the problem started again. Same thing -- shut down randomly, wouldn't start up again. Inconveniently, I wasn't able to take it in immediately as I was housebound with a broken leg. So I eventually took it back to the same PC World store in Kensington round July.

This time, I was told that I should never have submitted it instore for a repair, and that I should have called the Tech Guys line to set up a collection or deposit at one of their stores, as THAT was the free service I was entitled to under my £8 a month plan. Funnily, no one had mentioned this the first time round in PC World, in 2009 (I've since been told that they shouldn't even be charging for this service, by someone on the Tech Guys "phone" office.) Anyway. Go back home, I was told, call this support number, and arrange for a collection -- and everything will be sorted out. Additionally, the folks instore said that if I took it in for repair three times and PC World couldn't fix it, then I would be entitled to a write-off and hence a refund for the value of the laptop at the time I purchased it.

Fine. I got round to calling the line about two months later (tardy, I know, but shockingly, I wasn't put on this earth to faff around with PC World customer services and I actually have other things to do) and was offered the options of a courier collection or dropping it off instore. Of course the courier could only come during normal business hours when there was no one in the flat, so I opted to take it to the store myself. I gave it in at Currys Tottenham Court Road in mid October. The store called the Tech Guys on 20 October and the Tech Guys picked it up from them on 22 October, returning it to the store on 29 October. I then picked it up a few days later, before leaving the country for about 3 weeks.

When I got back and tried to fire the damn thing up, it transpired that there was now a whole new problem with it that wasn't there in the first place -- the speaker now makes a popping noise if you try to play any media content. And it still turns itself off. It was late November by the time I discovered this, as I'd been away. So my boyfriend called the Tech Guys and said : there's now a whole new problem plus you haven't fixed the original problem. About five minutes into this call (of which there is now no record -- more on this shortly) it was clear the Tech Guy was getting frustrated by the criticism.. enter deux ex machina, in the form of "the electricity has just gone out in our building, we will call you back in five minutes." Of course, no call came that day or the next.. or indeed, ever.

I had the day off today (15 December 2010) and thought: why not spend my precious free time trying to sort this out? My first call, to the TechGuys technical helpline (there is more than one TechGuys line, and obviously, they don't have a shared information database -- why would they??) was answered by a complete and utter cow, who gave me the following facts. First, if you want to take advantage of the "write-off after three unsuccesful repairs" policy, then you have to call the TechGuys back no more than five days after the machine was returned to the store -- i.e. it doesn't matter if you can't put your life on hold to go and pick it up, or indeed if you don't have the luxury of having a courier collect and drop it off to you because you don't work from home. It's gotta be 5 days after the laptop left their hands. Second, TechGuys on the phone and TechGuys instore are two seperate entities. They do not know what the other does and it is madness to expect that they should, as one of these entities exists in the physical world, and the other in the ether. So don't come complaining if the people instore told you something different, or indeed if they didn't tell you, when you gave it to them for repair, that that instance of repair is not included in the "refund after 3 unsuccesful repairs" policy. Third, the TechGuys helpline cannot do a postcode search and find the relevant store that you want to drop the laptop off at so that they can book it in for repair and collection from there. I had to google the address and read out the postcode to her, only to be told that the store on Tottenham Court Road doesn't exist. Fourth, there is a whole seperate number to call if you want to find out what these people are smoking and why their coverplan comes with such ridiculous conditions. Fifth, when I tell her why I didn't call sooner in each instance, she replies: “Well, you do know we are a 24 hour service, so there's no excuse for that.”

Ok, fine, says I, I'll call the other number. At 14:30 I speak to a nice man who tells me Kensington PCW should not have charged me 80 quid to repair my laptop in the first place. He adds, the lady on the TechGuys technical helpline, who you spoke to not ten minutes ago, was wrong -- the rule about the refund policy is, if you give it in for repair thrice within six months and on each occasion the original fault has not been fixed, then you are entitled to a write off. The original fault is one thing, I tell him: you've created a whole new fault with it that didn't exist in the first place. The point flies over his head. Let me sort out for you, he says, and I'll call you back in twenty minutes.

Fine. By 16:20 I've received no call back, so I call them again and tell them everything that's happened to this point. The new guy tells me, both of those people were wrong: the policy is, if you give it in for repair and it comes back with the same fault, you have to notify the TechGuys within 7 days each time, and if this ridiculous charade is succesfully completed three times, then you can "put in a request" for a write off. There is absolutely nothing I can do except book this in as a whole new fault starting today, he adds helpfully. Do you have a telephone number dedicated to complaints, I ask. No, comes the swift reply, but here's our postal address for your petty grievances. It's in Sheffield.

From January 2008, when I purchased the blessed thing, to now, I've paid £7.99 a month – £279.65 in total – for this “whatever happens” plan. That's more than half the price the laptop was in the first place. (edit)

Comedy violence aside, there's really no excuse for this level of incompetence and policy that quite frankly verges on fraudulent. If I had the money, I would sue the TechGuys. I utterly resent the suggestion that the fault lies with me for not getting in touch with them sooner in each instance – this is not a free service that they are providing out of sheer goodwill, though might say it should be, given that they are selling equipment that basically doesn't work for a lot of money. No, this is an insurance policy that I pay for every month. I don't have the time or the will, quite frankly, to spend a few hours a week on the phone to the TechGuys each time they send it back without fixing it. Dealing with these(Edit) is not my full time job and they are taking money from me to provide me with a service that they obviously don't all (i) understand the terms and conditions of; (ii) think is important; and (iii) are qualified/know how to.

PC World is a terrible, terrible company and the TechGuys are a band of (Edit). Both should be avoided – in fact I'd happily give up the privilege of having a computer altogether rather than ever have to go near one of their stores ever again.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed unsuitable comments

Hi,

At the moment there is a huge delay on laptops getting dispatched due to previous weather conditions and now a back log at the work shop and hubs.

I know this will not help your situation but will give you a clearer answer to why its taking longer then usual, but its currently out of our control.

I can check if your job is completed if you wish though.

Chris

Tech Guys

I worked previously as a service manager for a very large TV repair and rental company and if I gave this type of excuse I would have lost my job immediately. I fail to understand why workshop repairs cannot be done due to bad weather or is the representatative admitting that they cannot cope with number of faulty units they get in everyday? This seems to indicate that the quality of goods in general are below par resulting in an unacceptably high number of complaints.

Either that or the so called Techguys are incompetent and cannot do the work as they are not qualified!

i think what he ment is the delivery company cannot deliver the laptops, not that they couldn't be repaired

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 3 weeks later...

I know how you feel we bought an Acer Aspire 7730 in January 2009 from PC World with the added Tech Guys support. To date they have had our laptop twice on both occasions for around three to four weeks each time, they never let you know they have received it or indeed what work they are doing to it or when they aim to send it back, which I find pathetic. They last had our laptop in November to try and resolve a previous problem of the screen flickering when you are trying to use it and now it is still doing it only worse than before, they cannot seem to repair it which is what we are paying for ! It seems that they do not know what they are doing or that they would rather bodge it as they know they will have to spend money on it. We have written to Acer to try and resolve the problem but they said as it has been sold by PC World that they are obliged to sort it and that we should contact the Tech Guys derrrrr !!!!!!!!!!

they advertise 28days as the max turn-around period anyhow, so thats ok

as for the failed rapairs, put it back to them

if its the 3rd time, you might get a replacent

i'd start your own thread too

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Happy New Year Everybody ... and here's hoping you all managed a great Christmas .. even those of you who've had the misfortune to have had dealings with the TechGuys!

Thanks for all your replies .... needless to say ... my "problems" with this astonishing company remain unresolved ... in fact I am no further forward AT ALL ... since starting this thread.

Last week on 28th December, I spoke to a pleasant enough lady who told me that they had located my laptop at the depot ... down to the exact shelf and pallet .... (drum roll!!). She PROMISED that I would be contacted by the end of the day/by the end of the next morning, by the depot manager with a date for delivery by the end of the week .... and if, by some freak accident, this DIDN'T happen .... she would do everything in her power ... nay, she WOULDN'T REST!! ... until somebody called me back and this was sorted out ....

Well ... needless to say .... yes, you've guessed it, folks! ... I haven't heard from either her OR the "depot manager" since ....

I spoke to another pleasant girl today who assured me that somebody from the depot would call by the end of today .... and .... oh come on .. you can fill in the blanks!!!

Like user ramyajaidev, I can't really afford to sue PC World .. but on the other hand, they'd be paying our costs in the end, wouldn't they? And I've certainly accrued plenty of those ... what in wasted time and telephone calls etc ....

What I would like to know now, in the first instance, is .... if there is a specific Ombudsman who deals with this sector of the retail industry? Does anybody know?

Many thanks in anticipation! .....

• 2 months later...

I too have had numerouos problems with Tech Guys which I have been trying to resolve for the past 5 months without anyone having the courtesy to respond to letters or emails explaining what went wrong or even an apology for the non-service. The mnost I have received is an email dated 10 February (four months after I started complaining) saying

Thank you for your email dated 5th February 2011.

With regards to your recent email. I can confirm that a copy of your correspondence has been forwarded to Gary Perryment. Once I have a response back from him I will be in contact with you.

However, having written direct to the gentleman named prior to this email and eceiving no response whatsoever to either letter I am not holding my breath as to hearing anything futher.

Has anyone at all had any success resolving issues with the Tech Guys?

• 2 weeks later...

ok the repairs done but the delivery company wont deliver. the postal and courier stuff in this country is awful, there is no "contractual obligation" its an estimate. get a grip.

• 11 months later...

Just became very frightened reading all the complaints.

I have a contract with Tech Guys since 2009 and only had to use it for a keyboard that was posted. Over the last few weeks I've had a problem where my Internet connection is dropping and as I can connect ok using my iPhone I know it is not the router.

I dug out my contract with Tech Guys , I had one that promised me a next day onsite engineer. When I contacted them they told me this service had stopped and that I could haves courier pick it up or drop it off at Pcw,I chose the latter. Before dropping it of I asked what they needed and was told base unit only, on getting to Pcw the tech asked for the wireless aerial, I explained that I was told only base unit was required. He told me that if he did not check it prior to shipping it could delay repair. Round trip of 18 miles to get aerial. To be fair to the guy at Pcw, he then spent next 40 mins checking out.

It was decided to send it away. This was on Sunday, I was told it would not be picked up till Wednesday!! Remember when I the contract I had a next day on site visit, now I'm told it will sit in Pcw for 3 days before it can be shipped.

Feeling extremely peed off I logged a complaint and followed it up with an email.

Today I received a phone call from customer services telling me that by stopping engineer visits and sending it to a central repair centre I was getting a better service. I tried to explain that taking up to 28 days as opposed to next day, in my opinion did not constitute a better service. I'm convinced she thought my head buttoned up the back. I then asked why I was not informed of the changes to my agreement and was told they did not affect the terms and conditions and all they had to do was effect a repair within 28 days and from what I gather it does not need to be permane

Sorry about break, typing this on an iPhone and fingers touched wrong key. I was saying it does need to be a permanent repair and as mine is intermittent I am expecting it back as no fault found. I will never buy anything from Dixons,Currys or Pcw, looks like Comet have a new customer. Apologies for any typos or spelling mistakes, an iPhone is not the best platform for a message of this size.

Good luck with that.

I sent numerous letters over a period of 5 months all by registered post. They were all delivered and signed for but Tech Guys never had the courtesy to respond to any of them. Phone calls wee the same - "someone will ring you back" was the stock response, again, needless to say, the promised phone calls did not materialise.

The only time I received any communication from them was when I cancelled my service contract, they then got in touch fast enough but did not want to discuss my complaint or offer any apology, just wanted me to carry on with the service contract.

Needless to say they were out of luck.

There are a couple of good local computer repair shops and that is where my money will be going in the future. We also have a good local company who sell computers built to the spec you want which are reasonably priced so when I want to upgrade, it will be that company I check out first.

I wish you well with your PC repair and hope it comes back better than it went away.

Just became very frightened reading all the complaints.

I have a contract with Tech Guys since 2009 and only had to use it for a keyboard that was posted. Over the last few weeks I've had a problem where my Internet connection is dropping and as I can connect ok using my iPhone I know it is not the router.

I dug out my contract with Tech Guys , I had one that promised me a next day onsite engineer. When I contacted them they told me this service had stopped and that I could haves courier pick it up or drop it off at Pcw,I chose the latter. Before dropping it of I asked what they needed and was told base unit only, on getting to Pcw the tech asked for the wireless aerial, I explained that I was told only base unit was required. He told me that if he did not check it prior to shipping it could delay repair. Round trip of 18 miles to get aerial. To be fair to the guy at Pcw, he then spent next 40 mins checking out.

It was decided to send it away. This was on Sunday, I was told it would not be picked up till Wednesday!! Remember when I the contract I had a next day on site visit, now I'm told it will sit in Pcw for 3 days before it can be shipped.

Feeling extremely peed off I logged a complaint and followed it up with an email.

Today I received a phone call from customer services telling me that by stopping engineer visits and sending it to a central repair centre I was getting a better service. I tried to explain that taking up to 28 days as opposed to next day, in my opinion did not constitute a better service. I'm convinced she thought my head buttoned up the back. I then asked why I was not informed of the changes to my agreement and was told they did not affect the terms and conditions and all they had to do was effect a repair within 28 days and from what I gather it does not need to be permane

• 2 weeks later...

The same mistake is made in all the cases mentioned above. Don't allow the retailer to dictate what rights you have and how you may exercise them. Keep careful detailed notes from the beginning, and when they've let you down three times...... sue them. Claim a full refund if the computer is less than 6m old, or if it's older claim a fair price allowing for depreciation at 20% pa. Claim a fair sum to meet your expenses and loss of earnings, and of course the court fees too.

As long as your claim is basically reasonable, and supported by clearly explained evidence, they will not contest the case. Sending a lawyer to your local county court will cost them serious money (which they cannot claim back from you, even if they win). The small claims stream is designed for ordinary people, any sensible, organised person can easily bring a claim.

Great example here - www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?264286

Edited by Anus Horribilis
added link to thread with example

Got my desktop back.

It took 10 days from start to finish which from other stories on this forum does not seem to bad,

but as I had an next engineer visit contract which they changed without telling me, it brings it into perspective.

I sent my Desktop away, it had Windows 7, which was an official upgrade from Vista when I purchased the machine.

My fault was that the internet was intermittently dropping.

I had made sure that I had backed up my PC before sending it off.

When I got it back, all they had done was wipe the hard disk and re-installed Windows Vista.

I carried out the upgrade to windows 7 and within one day the orginal fault had re-appeared.

I phoned the Techguys up and was advised to send it back, I did not want to hear this and it was a case of light the blue touch paper and stand clear.

I refused and demanded that it be repaired in house at my local PCWorld.

The guy told me that this could not be done and he did not have the authority, so I asked to speak to his manager only to be told that there were no managers available.

I found this rather strange and asked what happens in the event of an emergency ie fire or sickness, who takes charge.

It was only after I started to really push the matter that he admitted that he worked from home.

Advised me to call Customer Services, which I did and was told that they could not help as it was up to the tech guys as they had no authority to arrange a local repair.

I explained this is what the tech guy had told me but slightly different saying that customer services could only authorise the repair.

I felt like a tennis ball.

She advised me to re contact the tech guys but I refused, but the line suddenly went to music and I was transferred to another Tech Guy.

I must have got lucky, because he seemed to take an interest and phoned up my local PC World and I was patched through to the store.

Things started to get easier,

I spoke to a very sympathic sales man who then spoke to his boss .

I had a Wifi PCI card and was willing to change it for a new one and fit it myself if they would provide it,

but it turns out they no longer do the PCI card but he organised a WiFi dongle which I picked up the next day.

It was only when I got put through to the store did I get any joy.

I have not cancelled my contract yet as I want to make sure everying else is ok, but it will be cancelled within the next couple of weeks.

Another down side, was that my phone bill was an extra £8 due to the 0844 number and the length of time I was waiting

and by trying to point out to Curry's what is reasonable customer service.

Neilr65

• 4 months later...

I am shocked by how many people are dealing with issues with PCWorld! Their KnowHow service is appalling! I bought the premium warranty expecting to receive value for my money. 10 days after dropping off my laptop (which crashed less than 5 months after I bought it!) they still have not been able to restore the data…. and they have not even delivered the loaner laptop I am supposed to get as part of my warranty! They claim they are low on the stock of loaner laptops. I've had to wait hours at the store just to drop off the laptop - the staff manning the desk were "multi tasking" with several people and could not handle all customers. The KnowHow website is ridiculous and I have had to call several times only to talk to people who have no clue what's going on. At this point, I don’t even know if they will be able to 1) restore the data and 2) fix the problem with the laptop.

I am fuming now. Any advice on how to deal with them?

I am fuming now. Any advice on how to deal with them?

Keep careful detailed notes from the beginning, and when they've let you down three times...... sue them.

PS - if you didn't have a backup of your data, that's not their problem. Nobody can guarantee a single consumer-grade drive, so every user has to take ownership of data risks.

p.s. if you got the premium warrenty then i beleave the maximum repair time is 10 days before you can ask for a write off - chase it up

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I have a toshiba laptop which I bought at pc world on 28/06/2008. My pc has had many faults including the hardrive malfunctions, and I have sent it to TechGuys to get it repaired.

Every time my laptop was send back it always came back with a different type of fault, or the same problem as before. Recently I have send the laptop to TechGuys to get the screen fixed and also replace the hardrive. After 15 days I contacted them in order to check how it was going, they told me the computer was still not ready and that if the computer was not ready within 42 days I could request a voucher. On the 16/07/2012 ( 43 days later) I then proceeded to request a voucher because the 42 days was expired.

I called them in order to ask for the voucher and they told me that because the computer was still not ready they were going to send me the voucher for a new one. On the 17/07/2012 (44 days later) I the received a message saying that my laptop was fixed and ready for collection, so I phoned them again and the person who answered the phone call told me to ignore the message about my computer being fixed as it was only fixed after the expiry date.

On the same day at 12:40 I received a phone call from TechGuys saying that I had to go and collect my computer as it was ready, and that I could not get the voucher for a new one. So on the 18/07/2012 I called them in order to ask for the voucher, and they told me that my computer was fixed within 43 days were in the expiry it said 42 days. So I asked them for the voucher but they refused to give it to me and told me that the computer was fixed and told me to go pick up. Because they said that the maximum amount of days I had to wait was 42 and I have waited 43, I do not what the computer that I have send it to them in order to get it fixed.

Due to the time expiry I would like the voucher instead as every time I get the computer back it is always faulty, however they won't allow me to get the voucher. I feel That the service provided by them is very bad as I have been with them for 4 years and they never managed to get the problems in my laptop fully fixed and also because of this incident now.

So I would not recommend TechGuys to anyone else as there service is terrible.

I have a toshiba laptop which I bought at pc world on 28/06/2008. My pc has had many faults including the hardrive malfunctions, and I have sent it to TechGuys to get it repaired.

Every time my laptop was send back it always came back with a different type of fault, or the same problem as before. Recently I have send the laptop to TechGuys to get the screen fixed and also replace the hardrive. After 15 days I contacted them in order to check how it was going, they told me the computer was still not ready and that if the computer was not ready within 42 days I could request a voucher. On the 16/07/2012 ( 43 days later) I then proceeded to request a voucher because the 42 days was expired.

I called them in order to ask for the voucher and they told me that because the computer was still not ready they were going to send me the voucher for a new one. On the 17/07/2012 (44 days later) I the received a message saying that my laptop was fixed and ready for collection, so I phoned them again and the person who answered the phone call told me to ignore the message about my computer being fixed as it was only fixed after the expiry date.

On the same day at 12:40 I received a phone call from TechGuys saying that I had to go and collect my computer as it was ready, and that I could not get the voucher for a new one. So on the 18/07/2012 I called them in order to ask for the voucher, and they told me that my computer was fixed within 43 days were in the expiry it said 42 days. So I asked them for the voucher but they refused to give it to me and told me that the computer was fixed and told me to go pick up. Because they said that the maximum amount of days I had to wait was 42 and I have waited 43, I do not what the computer that I have send it to them in order to get it fixed.

Due to the time expiry I would like the voucher instead as every time I get the computer back it is always faulty, however they won't allow me to get the voucher. I feel That the service provided by them is very bad as I have been with them for 4 years and they never managed to get the problems in my laptop fully fixed and also because of this incident now.

So I would not recommend TechGuys to anyone else as there service is terrible.

start a new thread

see below

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

I took my pc into the Swansea branch to be fixed. No problems with the repair after my computer crashed but I did find out about 6 months later that the GeForce graphics card that I had inside my machine had been taken out (stolen). I only found this out when my computer wouldn't handing the gaming graphics for MMO's. When you get your machine back look insiide it to see if everything is there. I now have to buy another graphics card to handle the online games.

• 2 months later...

I guess I'm just another then, thy have had my monitor for several weeks and no news despite telling me I would be phoned back within 3-4 days, absolutely nothing!! I don't know how they keep going, maybe time they followed Comet and HMV.

DiggyBob