Link - Letter Before Action - Advice please

Cunning Plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Fellow CAGers.

I've been quietly battling away with DCAs and helping one or two other people with their fights too.

I've recently received at LBA from Link saying I've two weeks to pay up or they will start court action etc...

This has come as a bit of a surprise as they were sent packing over 12 months ago. No CCA just a virtually unreadable photocopy of an application form (the only bit of the paperwork they sent that was readable)

I realise this may be the start of a mass mail out by an organisation (term used loosely!) that is just pushing its luck but my question is. Should I write to Link and remind them of my previous correspondence of 12 months ago that they haven't supplied an agreement or do I just wait and see what happens?

CP

Hello Fellow CAGers.

I've recently received at lbalink3.gif from Link saying I've two weeks to pay up or they will start court action etc...

This has come as a bit of a surprise as they were sent packing over 12 months ago. No CCA just a virtually unreadable photocopy of an application form (the only bit of the paperwork they sent that was readable)

I realise this may be the start of a mass mail out by an organisation (term used loosely!) that is just pushing its luck but my question is. Should I write to Link and remind them of my previous correspondence of 12 months ago that they haven't supplied an agreement or do I just wait and see what happens?

CP

Link will 99.9% certainly issue a Northampton BCC claim, whatever you do, whatever the previous circumstances. How old is this debt? When did you last pay / acknowledge it? These people are now without a doubt the biggest [edited]in the debt purchasing circus. However they can and are being beaten with a bit of professional legal help. I'd PM Pt2537 for advice here.

Edited by payingonlyencouragesthem

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

Hello Paying...

They failed to supply a CCA two years ago at which point it all went quiet, then 12 months ago a generic letter/threat-o-gram then nothing until last week with the letter before action.

I still have all the paperwork filed away, seems I'll be blowing the dust off very soon!

CP

I think a letter along the lines of....

Despite having sent a request....blah blah, you have not sent me any legible copy of my agreement.....if it is your intention to issue a claim, then when it comes to the matter of costs...etc I shall show the judge this correspondence...

I trust this makes my position completely clear...

And please report them to the OFT....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Hi 42man,

I was thinking of a letter along the lines you suggest or simply write saying please refer to my previous letters of xx/xx/2009 and xx/xx/2008 etc.

Or do I sit tight and wait for the post in about 10 days time with paperwork from you know where! As Paying... suggested there's a good chance it will arrive.

CP

Reply as 42man suggests - it will at least show the court that you have tried to sort the matter out without resorting to litigation (rather than totally ignoring the claimant which 90% of people do) - this will certainly mitigate in your favour and may even cause Link to think twice about going any further with this.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"